Is there a PayPal module for individual components?

Is there a PayPal module for individual components?

by Robert Chalmers -
Number of replies: 3

Not sure how to word that, but is there a PayPal module that can be used to charge a fee for a specific download?

Not a fee for the whole course, but for a specific resource download for example.

A student signs up for the course. free.

The student needs to download a booklet in PDF format that has been prepared for example with the work module. That needs to be paid for first, so the student pays via PayPal, and the download progresses.

Other students may or may not need that resource, so they either pay or don't pay,

Or, let me explain another way.

------------------------------

Course 1. Mechanics. (Free enrolement)

Reading 1.  Download ($2.50 PayPal) Your download will start when payment is processed.

Reading 2. Link. (free)

Assessment 1. (Fee. $2.50 PayPal) Your assessment page will open when payment is processed.

..... and so on and so on.

----------------------

Thanks

Moodle 2.2.3+

Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Chalmers

Re: Is there a PayPal module for individual components?

by Itamar Tzadok -

Afaik nothing of that sort has been publicly announced or released. smile

In reply to Robert Chalmers

by Jason De Donno -

You could do the Paypal feature as an html page, and paste in the appropriate code from Paypal to that page. This code should take the user to the Paypal website along with some details of the transaction. Not the perfect solution but acceptable, I think.

You can do this on ordinary html sites, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do it on Moodle.

In reply to Jason De Donno

by Itamar Tzadok -

Indeed this can be done on Moodle but is not automated, that is, access is not granted automatically upon making a payment but rather should should be set manually by admin. smile