How to see who has a particular role

How to see who has a particular role

by Bob Ridge-Stearn -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 2.2.2

Is there a way to see which users (if any) are enrolled in a particular role and where they are enrolled (course, category etc)?

I know I can see this at system, course and category level but this isn't a practical way of finding out if some of our roles are used or not and by whom because, e.g., if someone is enrolled on a course in a particular role, I would not know to look in that course for the info.

Thanks
Bob Ridge-Stearn

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Ridge-Stearn

Re: How to see who has a particular role

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yep - click on the user's profile and in their profile settings block click roles>"this user's role assignments"

EDIT: Oops  -no - you didn't mean that did you? Sorry! How about using "bulk user actions"?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bob Ridge-Stearn -

Hi Mary,

No, that's not I meant, but thanks anyway smile

and I can't see that 'bulk user actions' offers the solution either.

It seems a normal sort of thing to want to know though.

Mt problem is that I have a nunmber of custom roles (e.g. external examiners, moderators, dylexia tutors etc) all with slightly different permissions and I'd like to know exactly who I've got using these roles.

Best wishes,

Bob

by Nathan Hammond -

Any answer to this question yet?

In reply to Nathan Hammond

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm also trying to do the same thing as you, but it seems people aren't understanding exactly what we want.

For example, I want to know everyone in the SYSTM that has been assigned the Course Manager role so that I know who would be affected by any change to that role.

If I find anything, I'll let you know.

by raul lozada -

Moodle 2.2 User roles

That's each, not eacher :0)

On this same page, you can add users not enrolled in the course by selecting "Enroll users". You will be able to assign a specific role of the new user from the Enroll Users pop-up window. I hope this helps!

Here is the process again:

1. Enter a course
  2. In Settings, select "Course administration"
  3. Select "Users"
  4. Select "Enroll Users"
  5. In Enrolled Users page, add a role to an enrolled person by selecting the plus-sign icon
  6. If adding someone not enrolled, select "Enroll users"
    1. Set the role (see image below)
    2. Locate the person to be enrolled
    3. Select "Enroll"
assign role