Confirm new users

Confirm new users

by Debbie Heck -
Number of replies: 4

In Moodle 1.9 I could go into Settings~Site Administration~Users~Accounts~Browse List of Users and there was an option to Confirm Users. In 2.2 I am not seeing that option. Where can I do this.

I have users logging in, creating their accounts and they are getting the message that they need to reply to their confirmation email but they are not getting the email. I would like to confirm them manually until we can get this fixed. Also, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Heck

Re: Confirm new users

by Itamar Tzadok -

You cannot confirm them manually because their account is already confirmed. That's how the email authentication works.

Afaik there is no available auth plugin that leaves the accounts unconfirmed (I've developed and am using such a plugin but have not released it because there seems to be no interest).

If your moodle doesn't send emails at all there may be some problem with your smtp settings or cron. You need to check the mail and cron logs for the problem. Sometimes emails are denied just because you don't have a valid email address for the support contact (site admin -> server -> support contact) so you can start there and see if it fixes the problem.

If/as soon as the email is working, for existing users who are still waiting for the confirmation email you can reset their password + force password change (bulk user actions) and send them a message from moodle. Since they have confirmed accounts moodle should email them the message.

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by stuti bhavsar -

I need to send a confirmation email to user when admin confirms the account from: home > site admin > users > accounts > browse list of users

Can you please advise how to implement it?

In reply to stuti bhavsar

by sameh naim -

Hi

I know it is bit old Question

but here is how i send confirmation email to users when admin confirm accounts from back end.

we have to edit file user.php in the admin folder

look for this line

if ($result == AUTH_CONFIRM_OK or $result == AUTH_CONFIRM_ALREADY) {

around line 50

then add this

$supportuser = generate_email_supportuser();
return email_to_user($user,$supportuser,'Your Account is now confirmed', 'your account @ XXXXXX is now confirmed
         Your username is :'.$user->username.'
         Yours
         XXXXXX
         ');

now each time you press confirm in the user list the user gets an email telling him his account is now active.

you can customize the email to fit your needs

Sameh
In reply to sameh naim

by C G -

Hi,

This is a great idea. I tried inserting your code below that line you mentioned and although the confirmation email was automatically sent to the student, the admin account did not return to the course page (instead it lead to a blank screen).

What line should come immediately after that code?

Thanks!