creating tests online

creating tests online

by Mike Hoinville -
Number of replies: 4

I am new to this site so - not to be annoying - can anyone advise me where to post a one-off contract to Moodle my TESOL information to my pending web site please?  thanks Mike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Hoinville

Re: creating tests online

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Mike,

I'm a native English speaker but "a one-off contract to Moodle my TESOL information to my pending web site" doesn't mean anything to me. I'm rather elderly so maybe I'm not up-to-date with the current language. If you could reformulate I might be able to help.

Cheers
Glenys

Average of ratings: Cool (2)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Mike Hoinville -

Hello Glenys - thank you for your interest. Here is overview in brief - your comments to me privately at minaduk@gmx.co.uk would be welcome

>th ebackground
we have created an online mock exam testing for the 3 main english language exams; FCE - BULATS - IELTS.
these are intended to give a much more accurate assessment of real-exam readiness than is currently available
the clients will take a scaled-down version (re content and time) of the actual exam using native speaking qualified teachers
currently the exam boards do NOT provide detailed analysis or feedback to individual clients ref their weak areas and future needs - we will do this

>The material for upload.
each exam will have >written tests in typical various formats like open-cloze, multi choice, best match etc
each will have > a read and comprehension section requiring 'best match/right or wrong' answers
each will have very short audio files as part of the listening/answer process

Each of the tests will need answers available to the students onllne.

The students will only have password controlled access to exams and answers once they have registered with us

NB - the speaking test will be done by SKYPE and any essay writing can be done by e-mail so NO file uploads are needed frodm you for these

Finally - I have a very short WRITING ONLY free test as a taster with simple 'best answer' that clients can see (with comments) but that does not require access paroles etc as it is a simple 'come and buy me' exercise......but it does have to be uploaded

Time scale - ideally by end of July/mid August so we have time to test and refine the system; there are a number of security bolt-ons we have to try as you can understand perhaps.

thank you - Mike

In reply to Mike Hoinville

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mike. If you mean that you are looking for someone to help put onto Moodle your test information as a one-off contract job then I suggest you use the link Russell provided in the previous post http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=54 which is where people look for or advertise Moodle jobs. You won't find many takers here as this is the social chat forum.