General help

Windows server: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error running phpinfo.php

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Darin Marsh
Windows server: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error running phpinfo.php

• Fresh install of Server 2003 and IIS6
  • followed the steps layed out on the moodle site for deployment type: Windows Server - IIS - MS SQL
  • have not installed moodle I'm stuck on Part 7 - Test the PHP configuration.
  • I was getting Event ID 32 - Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could no be found... followed by Event ID: 59 - Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.CRT
  • Did some looking on these events and found that I needed to install C++...no recommendations on version so I installed 2005, 2008 and 2010 C++ redistributables.
  • Now I'm getting a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when I try to access localhost/phpinfo.php but no Events are posted in Event Viewer.

I don't know where to turn for help at this point.  Does anyone have any recommendatoins?

Average of ratings: -
Sketch...
Re: Windows server: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error running phpinfo.php
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

The "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" is just Microsoft's stupid way of hiding the real error message from you.

On the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog there's an option called 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'. Make sure that is off. You should then see the real error message when you run the .php file again.

Picture of Darin Marsh
Re: Windows server: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error running phpinfo.php

Appreciate that tip Luis.  Your tip helped me discover that I needed to un-comment and populate the default.timezone key/value pair in my php.ini file.  Once I did so phpinfo.php loaded correctly - now I'm ready to attempt my first moodle install.  Thanks much.