Assignment 2.3 - Quick Grading

Assignment 2.3 - Quick Grading

by Gavin Henrick -
Number of replies: 17
Picture of Plugin developers

I may just be in need of more coffee, but I can't seem to find where quick grading option is.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gavin Henrick

Re: Assignment 2.3 - Quick Grading

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

When you have had your coffee and found it, let me knowwink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gavin Henrick -

I have tried coffee and tea, to no avail!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nope -it's still not materialised. Why not add it to the tracker as it's a regression? The worst that can happen is that they then tell us where to find it after allbig grin

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Is it not in the drop-down list?  I am sure I saw it there.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gavin Henrick -

The Grading actions dropdowns options are

View Gradebook   (links to Gradebook Grader report)
Download all submissions

So not in that one anyhow.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In a Course chose Grade from sideblock and then you can select My Report Preferences / Grader in that page you get options for Quick grading

This is the URL I get ...

moodle/grade/report/grader/preferences.php?id=2

Quick Grading is in the General section above. ^

Clicking Help? gives this...

If enabled, when editing is turned on, a text input box appears for each grade, allowing many grades to be edited at the same time. Changes are saved and highlighted when the update button is clicked.

Note that when a grade is edited in the grader report, an overridden flag is set, meaning that the grade can no longer be changed from within the related activity.

Is this getting you any nearer?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gavin Henrick -

HI Mary,

Thanks for that, but it relates to the Gradebook rather than people grading within the assignment itself.

This is the assignment 2.2 version of Upload a single file - this option is missing in the refactored version.

Uploadasinglefile2.2assignment

by Lesli Smith -

Um, I can see it on the qa test site on 2.3.  Might there be a new site admin assignment or grades click box setting to enable somewhere that is already enabled on the qa site?  If there is, I haven't found it as a manager on that site and I don't have full admin rights on a 2.3 site right now (nor can I currently do a desktop test while I'm working in older 2.x versions).  When you figure it out, please let us know!  Thanks!

quickgrade2pt3

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi All,

The above screenshot is for an instance of the old assignment module (they are both on the QA site). Quickgrading has not been implemented for the new module yet. There is a tracker issue for this where you can comment and vote:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-32932

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Lesli Smith -

Ah, ha.  I should have known Gavin and Mary were working with code I couldn't see yet.

I've voted.  Thanks for pointing us in that direction.

In reply to Lesli Smith

by Brian Peat -

Anyone have any idea why the "save preferences" button would be missing in my moodle? Running 2.3 I can see everything in that screen shot except the save prefs button, so I can't actually turn on Quick Grading.

In reply to Brian Peat

by Brian Peat -

This bit of CSS seems to be the culprit for the assignment grading panel:

.jsenabled .gradingoptionsform .fsubmit {display: none;}

it's completely hiding the submit button.

In reply to Brian Peat

by Brian Peat -

I overrode the css temporarily and hit the save button. That'll get me by for now, but I'm curious as to why the css that comes with the assignment module is set to hide that button.

In reply to Brian Peat

by Damyon Wiese -

It is supposed to auto submit that form whenever a value changes (so you do not need the submit button). The submit button is there to cater for people with javascript disabled.

The fact that it is not auto-submitting for you would mean you are hitting a javascript error on this page - Can you try loading this page in firefox, then using F12 to see the web developer console and report on this forum (or the tracker) any errors that show up?

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Nate Hartmann -

We are running Moodle 2.3.2 (Build: 20120910) on RHEL 6 with PHP 5.3.3.

I was able to reproduce this bug in Firefox 15.0.1 and Chromium 18.0.1025.151 (both on Ubuntu 11) as well as Safari 5.1 (6534.50) on OS X 10.6.8

When viewing the assignment grading page ( /mod/assign/view.php?id=123456&action=grading ), this javascript error occurs:

TypeError: filterelement is null

https://path/to/my/moodle/lib/javascript.php/1347307309/mod/assign/module.js

Line 3

the only filterelement in module.js is in this snippet, with indentation and line breaks added for clarity:

var filterelement=Y.one('#id_filter');
filterelement.on('change',function(e){ 
				Y.one('form.gradingoptionsform').submit();
				}
		);

A quick perusal of mod/assign/gradingoptionsform.php reveals that the element in question (the filter drop-down referred to by the CSS selector "#id_filter") is only added to the form if submissions are enabled.

49          if ($instance['submissionsenabled']) {
50              $mform->addElement('select', 'filter', get_string('filter', 'assign'), $options);
51          }    

So it's totally legit that the id_filter element is missing when it's an assignment analagous to the old "Offline Assignment" type. The javascript assumes the .one() method was successful, so it might try to call functions on the null object which .one() returns.

As a workaround, any affected teacher can temporarily set "Online text" to "Yes" long enough to turn on Quick Grading.

I'm brand new to the Moodle 2 codebase, so treat my suggestion with a huge "newbie" tag attached to it.

-Nate

by Tonia Malone -

Hello, I am using Moodle 2.3, but have the Assignment 2.2 on. I am trying to find the "Allow Quick Grading" option in the grades > assignment > optional settings ... but I can't find it. I don't see where I can enable it in the course or Admin settings. Quick Grading for the Gradebook is on, but I have a faculty member who is grading Group Assignments and wants to assign the grade to all 5 people. Any ideas would be wonderful. After spending 2 hours googling for something, a vary large brownie and some coffee...this is the closest I have gotten. 

Tonia

In reply to Tonia Malone

by Damyon Wiese -

It could be that you are using advanced grading - this is incompatible with quickgrading and the option will be hidden. 

- Damyon