Any chance on editing a feedback after submission?

Any chance on editing a feedback after submission?

by Jaume Albaigès -
Number of replies: 2

Following what I exposed in my previous post (Converting feedback answers into useful information for all users...), I'd like to know if there is any way (built in, plugin, etc.) to allow users (or admins or whoever) editing feedback answers already submitted.

As I said, we are using the feedback module in order to gather knowledge from everybody and offer it to everybody too. It's not unusual that somebody misses some information or makes any kind of error that should be solved.

Any ideas on how to do it? Maybe we should be using any other activity module? (Notice that we also need to obtain global statistics, so this is why we are using the feedback module).

Thanks in advance,

Jaume

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jaume Albaigès

Re: Any chance on editing a feedback after submission?

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Jaume,

I cannot offer you any help for your question. Actually, we also search for a solution. As we use the Feedback activity as an online registration form, I would like to give individual students the option to update their submission. I tried to revise the student role/capabilities, but allowing them to edit the Feedback activity gives them access to the entire Feedback activity so that they can change all questions, but will not give them access to their submission.

I know that I can delete their submission and ask them to submit another feedback. But then they have to answer all questions again.

Some time ago there was a discussion to "merge" the feedback, survey and questionnaire activity into one activity. This new activity may have an update capability.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Any chance on editing a feedback after submission?

by Jaume Albaigès -

Thank you, Hartmurt.

I also read something about this merge project for those related activities, but I still haven't seen any results.

I have decided to replace the feedback activity by a database one. We lose some features (required fields, simple analysis upon submitted answers and a few more) but we earn editing capabilities and flexibility on layouts (templates).

Keep in touch,

Jaume