Require Guest Key

Require Guest Key

by James Stewart -
Number of replies: 4

I am setting up a moddle site for my department at my school and I have run into an issue.

It is important that I be able to maintain site/course security, so I must require anyone viewing any course to have a key.

I have set it up to require guests have a key using site administration>>plugins>>enrollments>>guest access>>Require guest password

My course creators apparently don't have the ability to set the key that they want when they create a course. Instead, they simply get a blank field that cannot be filled out.

It does seem that they can edit the key later inside of course settings, but I need to keep this as simple as possible for some of these teachers. How can I get this field to appear for them when they create the course? This is what they see:

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Stewart

Re: Require Guest Key

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It looks like the guest access is correctly enabled, but your teachers do not have 'enrol/guest:config' capability to modify the settings.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by James Stewart -

Petr,

That was it! It's fixed now. Thanks a bunch. Seems like thats a bug in the default roles. Course creators should have that privilege it seems to me.

In reply to James Stewart

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No, course creators are supposed to ONLY create courses, nothing else. Once they create a new course they automatically get a new role inside it (by default editting teacher role, there is an admin setting for that).