Is it possible to have hidden roles at the category level in M2?

Is it possible to have hidden roles at the category level in M2?

by Don Hazelwood -
Number of replies: 5

I've seen two other topics discussing this, but I have seen no direct answer.

Yes, I can add a role at the category level, but I need to know, specifically if it is possible to add a hidden role at the category level.

Is it possible, and if so, how? Everything I have tried has put the category level role user into the participant list in the course.

Thanks in advance,
Don

Moodle 2.2.2 (Build: 20120312)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Hazelwood

Re: Is it possible to have hidden roles at the category level in M2?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How did you enrol them at category level? I just enrolled a user at the category level as manager and then I went into a course and did not see them in the participants but I saw them in the "other users" link.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Don Hazelwood -

While at the category level, I use Assign roles.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

so which role did you assign? Are you  saying that you are seeing them in the participants list of a course?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Don Hazelwood -

The role was a copy of a role and did not have permissions set correctly.

All is well now.

Thank you for your reply smile

by marwa eng -

I'm facing a problem with the course creator that  he can create a course in all of moodle categories ,, how can I limit and sit a specific  category for the course creator  so he can't create  courses in other categories  ????