Need help analyzing question responses

Need help analyzing question responses

by Alan Kmiecik -
Number of replies: 4

I give up.  I'm looking to evaluate right and wrong answers to my questions and can not figure out how to do it.

Going into Course > Quiz > Results provides grades for each student. 

I'd like questions stats without regard to course so I can evaluate which ones may need to be reworked due to things like poor distractors.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Kmiecik

Re: Need help analyzing question responses

by Alan Kmiecik -

Finally found Naviagate > Quiz > Statistics (or something like that).  Took a while do to poor template design (i.e. it is kind of hidden)

But, I still have to go into each quiz, would like to get a report for all questions in the database

In reply to Alan Kmiecik

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, ther are interesting statistical questions about whether the numbers have any meaning outside the context of a particular test. Anyway, there is no way to get what you want. You have to visit each quiz. Sorry.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alan Kmiecik -

I hear ya, but then again, if you are running the same course, repetitvely, over different time periods, it make sense to be able to aggregate the stats.

In reply to Alan Kmiecik

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, that is true.

Of course, quiz reports are plugins, to it might be possible to make a new quiz report that does combined statistics from several quizzes, and it might be possible to re-use a lot of the existing statistics code when doing so.

But sill, the statistics report is a complex beast, and I have no plans to attempt this.