HTML pages and links

Re: HTML pages and links

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Mary

Finally getting a chance to get back in to testing and your steps for displaying websites with an index file worked perfect so thanks for posting that!

My follow up question might seem partly technical and partly philosophical. Though discussions like this one (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=200616#p886106) and through my own testing and reasearch so far, and it would seem that the 1.9 model of saving all of your files (in my case html an associated files and graphics) within Moodle is a dead or dying model. And that, while there are steps (like the one you provided) that will work to create the same look/feel/functionality as was possible in 1.9, those are workarounds, and that ideally Moodle 2.x is designed to function best when all of your files (html, images etc) are stored in a server/site/repository completly seperate from Moodle.

Would you say that is accurate? Or would you say that there is still a case to be made for a workflow where you uploading and storing files within Moodle. I'd be more than happy to be wrong on this smile

Thanks again for your help! smile