Printing Response Not Working

Printing Response Not Working

by Jeannette Jervis -
Number of replies: 4

HELP!!!!

Moodle 2.2 using IE8 and IE9 does not print submitted questionnaire response properly.

When printing the submitted response the first couple of questions print well from the browser but from page 2 on the results aren't printing. See pdf attached. The results are pushed to the side.

Has anyone else encountered this? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeannette Jervis

Re: Printing Response Not Working

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jeannette,

There is no print feature for ALL RESPONSES in the Questionnaire module. So I suppose you simply use the Print command of your browser.

I do not see the problem you report when I print a questionnaire's ALL RESPONSES page on my moodle 2.2 site using MSIE 9. Maybe there is something that makes things go wrong with your Question #3.

Can you print your responses OK on another browser?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jeannette Jervis -

Yes that's correct I am using the Print command from my browser.

Responses print ok in other browsers. So this could be isolated to IE9

However I have discovered that if my compatibility checker feature is enable in IE9, then this issue goes away and it prints fine.

Is there a print option in the works for this feature?

In reply to Jeannette Jervis

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Jeannette,

As I said in my previous post, I expect there is something in the text of your question #3 that makes MSIE9 unhappy when printing the responses page.

Have you been able to print questionnaire responses in MSIE9 with questionnaires other than this one? What happens if you move question #3 to a different position in the questionnaire? if you delete question #3? etc.

Please experiment until you find out what causes the problem.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jeannette Jervis -

I have encountered this same issue with the questionnaire in another site as well...different question and different site...see attached.  The same things happens and it question #1 that starts on page 2.

Like I said in my previous post, the compatibility checker seemed to fix the issue.