Using moodle for software training

Using moodle for software training

by Alex Kittavong -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am new to using moodle. I have been watching videos on Lynda.com on moodle training. I still have some questions about what im trying to do.

I am wanting to build a training site for my software. Basically, I create some training videos that I want the students to watch and to take a small quiz right after. What is the best way to do that?

Thanks for any help,

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Kittavong

Re: Using moodle for software training

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there and welcome to Moodle. Moodle is well suited to this sort of thing. The quiz module would probably be best for you - you can insert a video in a quiz question using the text editor (see documentation here http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Video ) and then use the quiz question  types for your questions -if you wish, Moodle can mark them for you too. See http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Quiz_module

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Alex Kittavong -

Thanks for getting back to me. I will look at the documentation. Thanks very much!

In reply to Alex Kittavong

by tom tang -

H there,

upload yr video to Youtube - make sure to set it as private.

Copy the code for embedding youtube from youtube.

Goto Moodle and create a new resource --> web page on yr topic/ weekly topics space.

In the "Compose a web page" text box, paste the embed youtube code. This will showcase the video inside moodle. Now its done.

Add another resource--> quiz and formulate a quiz for your students.

Hope that helps.

In reply to tom tang

by Alex Kittavong -

Thanks, is there another way to do the quiz part? Like, i want them to watch a video and have a button that says, NEXT STEP or something like that. I don't want it to say Take Quiz, because its not really a quiz. It  will be a yes an no question that asks if they have seen the video and thats it.