I've tested an upgrade of (a copy of) one of my Moodle sites, a small one to begin, and encountered some problems.
For the copy : everything (moodle, moodledata and mysql BDD) is duplicated in separate directories (or database) from original 1.9.17+. I've also adapted config.php, changed sessioncookie in mdl_config, and used admin/replace.php to change the URL, then verified everything was OK.
So, at this point, everything is OK (as in original), and i'm connected as admin, with french langage selected.
For the 2.2.2+ upgrade, here's what i've done :
- still in 1.9, delete mod hotpot, lams and journal (not used, and not in 2.2 anymore)
- delete everything in Moodle directory
- put in place Moodle 2.2.2+ (latest weekly), and questionnaire in mod directory (the only non standard piece)
- then open my Moodle's home page in my browser, and begin installation's process :
- select langage (french)
- select mysqli, and put informations for config.php
- manually create config.php, as apache can't write it
- at this point, i'm not connected (but can't), so confirm (french) message saying i want to upgrade
- i can see that all prerequisite are OK, and confirm (in french) the upgrade
- i see the (very long Moodle 2) list of all things to update/install (in french), and confirme upgrade
- it says that my french pack is ok, and launch the upgrade
- at this moment, i'm still not connected, and Moodle begins to install things (no more french messages )
- at a moment, i've got (error) messages for wiki :
Migrating group type wiki instance: Outils TICE : existant, avantages, inconvenients...
Migrating student type wiki instance: Attentes, projets, souhaits, contraintes, ...
Bad data found: internal://TU30-D140_Manual.pdf
Expected file path: /home/moodle/donnees-essai/11/moddata/wiki/26/26//TU30-D140_Manual.pdf Please fix the bad file path manually.
and after, this error :
Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to update calendar event
* line 435 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
* line 1912 of /calendar/lib.php: call to print_error()
* line 2306 of /calendar/lib.php: call to calendar_event->update()
* line 1445 of /mod/workshop/lib.php: call to calendar_event::create()
* line 356 of /mod/workshop/db/upgrade.php: call to workshop_calendar_update()
* line 540 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_workshop_upgrade()
* line 271 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
* line 1437 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
* line 269 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
- i can then continue the upgrade, and i'm connected again (but can't modify my profile, and no more french), and have to confirm the (long Moodle 2) upgrade page list
- it then updates a lot of plugins
- i then have to confirm all new settings
- Upgrade terminated.
- French langage is not installed, and i have to install it again - new role "manager" is in english in the table (and perhaps other langage problems)
Can someone explain why i've got these problems, and what solution i could use? I've already seen Upgrading 1.9.17 to 2.2.2 - issues with wiki.
Thank's in advance