Page settings in Wiki

Page settings in Wiki

by Uwe Klemm -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

in Moodle 1.9, wiki pages could be set to read only etc. This was a nice thing to have when students had finished "their" pages, so you could "freeze" the page and grade it. Although I like the new wiki in 2.2 much better (mainly because finally there is the long-missing comment tab) I can't find a way to edit page settings. Maybe I'm just a bit thick here...

To be more specific: I don't want to edit settings for the complete wiki, but for single pages, so the FAQ didn't help me too much. Any helpful hint is greatly appreciated. Uwe

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uwe Klemm

Re: Page settings in Wiki

by Nelson Cartagena -

Uwe:

I don't administer moodle, I am just a frequent user (instructor) and have used both 1.9 and now 2.2.x.

I don't recall that there was an ability to "freeze" pages in moodle 1.9, but this may have been something that I was not told about and prevented from accesssing, as I have limited access to changing privileges for users.  What I use to do, and still do, is hide the Wiki from students. Then I can start grading/evaluating.

The comment tab was available to me in 1.9.

As for moodle 2.2.x, I still have access to the Comment tab. I also have access to a Files tab and an Administration tab. Not much more there. The ability to remove pages created by students, and delete versions is now available in the Administration tab.

In reply to Uwe Klemm

Re: Page settings in Wiki

by Nancy K Hoke -

Hi Uwe - I came across your post and I wondered if you ever got an answer to this question. I need to make the Table of Contents Read Only.  From the documents on Moodle.org I see you could set Flags for a page and one was to make it Read Only,  I am in Moodle 2.3 and I cannot find that option in the current Wiki features. I was just wondering if you found the answer.

Thank You - Nancy K.