Moodle integration in Joomla through Joomdle

Moodle integration in Joomla through Joomdle

by Claudio Faro -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I am building a website for a primary school, and am thinking to use joomdle, though I am not too sure about what Joomdle can do for me.

It is my first time either using joomla or moodle, from what I have seen Joomdle comes with a package of predifined modules, and i wonder if those are the only Moodle modules i can use in Joomla or whether Joomdle will allow me to integrate Moodle in Joomla in full???? Can I install any of the other Moodle core modules in Joomla???

It is a primary school site so I do not much need I think the course modules which come with joomdle package but I wanted to use the "Assignment Moodle module" into joomla..is it possible????

All I need is that teachers can upload assinments and manage their lessons on the site, students should download these and then submit them back once they have done and have their own accounts where school reports will also be viewable. Also maybe creating lessons like quizes and uploading SCORM packages ?

Can I use any Moodle modules in Joomla????

Thanks so much

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudio Faro

Re: Moodle integration in Joomla through Joomdle

by Kemmerly Edgardo Erazo -

Hello Claudio:

I'm interested to do the same with my project and I'd like to you if you could integrate moodle and joomdle or if you abandon the idea?

Regards

In reply to Kemmerly Edgardo Erazo

by deborah chitester -

hello. I have been suffering for a long long time. I MUST find a realistic resource very soon to straighten out my website.

slllc.org. It is not current, i am told the backend is horrible the security in joomla and moodle is old but the PRIORITY WHAT I HAVE been looking for months and months and can not find is someone to teach me how to update it with content, dates etc. is there any realistic resource for that? if i do not find soon, this is the end of my business. please help

In reply to deborah chitester

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Deborah, I do not understand your post.

In reply to deborah chitester

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Deborah,

You posted the same plea for help months ago on LinkedIn - help was offered by multiple people but you refused to give more details just told everyone to contact another party for information.

If you are prepared to give details of EXACTLY what the issue is then you will find this community, like the Moodlers on LinkedIn, very helpful. But as before, we need to know exactly what the issue is in order to provide any help.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have a successful Joomdle implementation.  Basically, you have two sites - one Moodle and one Joomla - what Joomdle does is provide single sign on and links and access to your existing Moodle courses.  It is a great feature and allows you to make a really nice fronted with Joomla with the power of your Moodle courses behind it.