answer depends on previous answer

answer depends on previous answer

by Björn Einarsson -
Number of replies: 1

Is there any way to make a two part question where there two or more correct answers in 

the first part and the correct answer in the second part depends on which correct answer you choose in the first part?

Example.  Question 1: Correct answers are A or B

Question 2: If A then correct answer is C. If B then correct answer is D.

thank you

The actual questions are something like this: What is the wind direction aloft (parallel to the isobars) at point A on this weather map ? Correct answer is WSW or W  

Question 2: What is then the surface wind direction (over the sea): SW if answered WSW before but WSW if answered W before.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Björn Einarsson

Re: answer depends on previous answer

by Lesli Smith -

It sounds as if you might be wanting to build a lesson using quiz type questions.  I've found the lesson module works extremely well for this type of activity as you can set the jumps to trigger whole branches of different types of questions based on the answers given in the initial questions, just as you have outlined in your query.

I'm not sure what level you teach, but Laura Mikowychok has done some excellent work profiling how this works in lessons for k-12 in the U.S.  I recommend bookmarking her Youtube channel.  I have.  smile