Moodle Developer Docs unavailable

Moodle Developer Docs unavailable

by Steve Bond -
Number of replies: 8

Hello

When I go to the Moodle /dev documentation wthout being logged in, it seems fine. As soon as I log in, I get a completely blank page, for any URL under /dev.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Bond

Re: Moodle Developer Docs unavailable

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I just went to http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Main_Page and logged in and it worked ok - can you give an example of the problem where it doesn't work for you?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bond -

Hi Mary, thanks for your reply. Using the example you just gave, when I go to that page without logging in, it looks as expected, as shown in the attached image.

I'll need to post a 2nd message to get another attachment...

Attachment Image1.jpg
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bond -

And when I log in, and then return to the same page, it looks like the attached - completely blank. Same in IE8 and FF11. It was doing this during Helen Foster's talk at the Moot and I assumed then it was a temporary glitch but it's the same now.

Steve

Attachment Image2.jpg
In reply to Steve Bond

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hmm.. I really don't know what to say, because I tried again in FF11 and IE9 and both times I got in and navigated round a few pages, went back to front page and it worked ok. No help at all; I am sorryblush

On the other hand... you can add more than one screenshot at a time if you use the image icon instead of the attachment boxwink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Steve Bond -

Thanks for that anyway! smile

In reply to Steve Bond

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Steve,

Like Mary I can log in and navigate around the dev docs without any problems, however if it's any consolation, when I asked in our developer chat if anyone had a problem when logging in to the dev docs, two people reported the same as you.

Were you able to log in to the dev docs previously? Have you ever experienced the same problem in the user docs? (All wikis use the same authentication method.) Anyone any ideas what to look for?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I have the same issue when trying to login to the 2.2 wiki - dev/21/20/19 all work ok for me..

tried clearing cookies/different machine but get the same issue. - just created MDLSITE-1758 for this but I guess Jordan will need to take a look?