Enable Hide/Show on Gradebook Moodle 2.2

Enable Hide/Show on Gradebook Moodle 2.2

by Laura Koepke -
Number of replies: 4

We recently upgraded to 2.2 from 1.9 and a teacher has reported an issue with the Gradebook.  In the previous version he could hide an assignment in the gradebook by hiding it in his topic area and then setting the gradebook options to "Do not show" hidden items.  Since converting to 2.2 that feature isn't working and I can't find a tracker issue on it.

Another interesting item is as the Admin users, when I turn editing on in the gradebook, I see all of the edit icons including the show/hide icon. 

If I log in as a teacher, the edit icons are missing.

I looked at permission for the teacher role and it has allow for all grading activities.  What am I missing?

In reply to Laura Koepke

Re: Enable Hide/Show on Gradebook Moodle 2.2

by Marty Soupcoff -

I don't have a 2.x install but I'm assuming most of the settings are still pretty much the same so just want to make sure they are still replicating the same process.

Hiding a grade column in the gradebook is independent of the activity being shown or hidden on the course homepage. So if they want to hide it in the gradebook, they can go into the grader report, turn editing on and then select the eyeball next to the column (may need to make sure that the show/hide icon is set to display; located in Preferences tab). Or they can go into Categories & Items, select Edit icon and then check Hidden box or set Hidden until date.

As to admin users seeing the show/hide icons and not a teacher, that is a user preference so it depends on each user whether they have enabled that or not in the gradebook preferences tab.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Laura Koepke -

Thanks Marty.  After doing some more test, I saw that I had to enable the users ability to see the show/hide icon in the gradebook through Site Administration, Report Settings, Grader Report.  We had 'Show show/hide icons' disabled. 

Also, when we converted to 2.2, any resources that were hidden in a topic/week area were not hidden in the gradebook.  To get them hidden in the gradebook, we had to go to the resource in a topic/week area and 'unhide' it then hide it again.  That process closes the eye in gradebook and stops the student from seeing it in the grade report. 

Converting to 2.2 has been an adventure...lots of little things that we didn't catch in our test environment.  These forums have been a life saver and I appreciate being able to tap into the collective knowledge of so many users!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Tim Wenson -

We are having the same issue, I hope this is rectified soon, I had a student take a test early as a result (hid the block but then made the item available so it appeared in the gradebook, if the student clicks into the gradebook then they can get into the test)