I recently converted from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.2. In our 1.9 site all our embedded flash files worked flawlessly. However, after we upload our current flash/html videos to our new 2.2 site we notice some videos no longer work. I did notice when I keep the original html file from the conversion and just upload the flv video associated with that original html file, it works. Again, some videos work in 2.2, but some don't. Keep in mind all our videos work in 1.9. I'm just trying to find some rhyme or reason as to why this is happening. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Are you sure they are all FLV files? If they are mp4 (m4v, etc.), then that might be your problem.
I've found the only reliable playback format for us has been FLV because it utilizes the built-in FlowPlayer. I've not tried uploading videos with a custom player and html (like what you can make in Camtasia).
Hi, I just came across your post. Not sure if this will help, but I just duplicated my own 1.9 installation to test an upgrade to 2.2. When I did this, some of my embedded video links no longer worked either. After hours of searching to figure out why some would display and others wouldn't, I noticed that the links to videos that would not display all had spaces in the URL. Once I updated the broken video links to no longer contain any spaces, all the videos worked properly. On 1.9 they worked with spaces in the URL, so I was confused to say the least. Not sure if that's your issue, but hope it might help.