How to show Completed courses and Inprogress Courses - Moodle 2.2

How to show Completed courses and Inprogress Courses - Moodle 2.2

by Sandeep Kankatala -
Number of replies: 7

Hi there

I want to know if there is a way to show to the student the list of enrolled courses that (are in progress) and also the list of courses the users have already completed.

I attached a screenshot of a course view of lynda.com, I want to achieve something similar to that.

I've looked at Course Overview in Navigation>My Home but it just lists the courses that users enrolled in and it lists no other information.

Would it be possible to build something like this as shown in the screenshot, if so where should I get started with first.

TIA

Attachment screenshot.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandeep Kankatala

Re: How to show Completed courses and Inprogress Courses - Moodle 2.2

by Sandeep Kankatala -

Any thoughts on this guys..

by Arvind Dubey -

If you want similar functionality. I guess, you need to do custom code using course comletion logic which is inbuilt functionality of moodle (moodle vesion should be greater than 1.9).

By setting course completion criteria for each course we can able to know how many courses have been complted and how many courses are comming under progress criteria. By this way I think it could be possible to achive this similar functionality.

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers
In reply to S. kavita

by Aaron Barnes -

Hi Sandeep,

Also, have a look at https://github.com/srynot4sale/moodle/blob/cdddef3e88d4b1e66de62451631fd2b80845d15d/course/user.php

This is part of the code I am in the process of merging into Moodle. The link above includes the code for displaying all course completion data for a user (though will probably need some massaging to work).

Hope that helps!
Aaron

In reply to Aaron Barnes

by Chris M -

Hi Aaron

Would love to be able to use this functionality, but have limited PHP skills.  I replaced the /course/user.php file in our test installation with the code from your link above but there did not appear to be any effect at all.

What would I be looking for, and what might need "massaging" to get the code to work?  Currently using 2.2, about to upgrade to 2.3.

Many thanks!
Chris

In reply to S. kavita

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Something like this, but that could look at several moodle courses (perhaps store a list of them in a block setting) would work really nicely for something we're involved in at the moment. With a tick next to the course name if it's deemed "completed" - so we could put that block on the course index page (which then links to the other pages, one page per module.

I know there's the sub-page module, but the sheer amount of work that's gone in would need replicating if we moved it all to the sub-page way (I was only told about the sub-page block 2-3 months after we started work on this project)

In reply to Dave Perry

by Nidhi Tiwari -

Hi,

I need similar output. I have replaced the code in user.php file. But not getting any result. Any idea to achive this?

Thanks,

Nidhi