Good afternoon Phillipe (or maybe it is good morning in your part of the world!)
I'm hoping you (or someone else) may be able to help me. I, like you, have numerous instances where I have quiz questions based around an audio or video file. In 1.9 I could copy and paste the link to the file, after the initial upload, to other instances/questions.
Doing that in 2.2 results in "brokenfile" instances. I seem to have to upload the file every time. From what the rest of the discussion states, each time I upload the file I'm not actually doing so - rather Moodle sees the file being uploaded and points to the equivalent one that I've previously uploaded (that's how I read the ongoing discussion). However, this is rather time consuming and I wonder if there is an easier way than uploading the same file numerous times. (BTW the audio files that I upload don't seem to show in the "recent files" section)
Just to be clear these are the steps I take:
1. I have created a new quiz question. I want to add audio to it and other questions (same audio file).
2. I highlight some text and click the link button.
3. I click the browse button and upload the audio file.
4. I click "update". I save the question.
5. I want to use the same audio file in the next question. I again select a piece of text, click the link button, click "recent files" (can't see it there so have to go back to upload) go back to upload and upload the same file again. Previously if you did that Moodle would ask you do you want to overwrite the old file. This doesn't happen.
I would love to be able to just copy and paste the link but if I can't do this, what should I do?
I'm running 2.2.2 with 5.5.21 MySQL
Any ideas you or any other kind soul could offer, would be very much appreciated.