upgrade 1.9 to 2.2, then backup a course, but fails (error/baseelementchildnameconflict)

upgrade 1.9 to 2.2, then backup a course, but fails (error/baseelementchildnameconflict)

by Toshihiro KITA -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,
i restored a Moodle 1.9 site from a MySQL dump, then upgraded it to Moodle 2.2.
it seems to work fine, but when i create a course on the Moodle 2.2 and try to backup the course, an error like below occurs. Any hints?

[Mon Apr 16 16:06:44 2012] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Default exception handler: error/baseelementchildnameconflict Debug: \n* line 99 of /backup/util/structure/base_nested_element.class.php: base_element_struct_exception thrown\n* line 152 of /backup/util/structure/base_optigroup.class.php: call to base_nested_element->check_and_set_used()\n* line 108 of /backup/util/structure/base_nested_element.class.php: call to base_optigroup->add_used()\n* line 173 of /backup/util/structure/base_nested_element.class.php: call to base_nested_element->check_and_set_used()\n* line 57 of /course/format/grid/backup/moodle2/backup_format_grid_plugin.class.php: call to base_nested_element->add_child()\n* line 55 of /backup/moodle2/backup_plugin.class.php: call to backup_format_grid_plugin->define_section_plugin_structure()\n* line 146 of /backup/util/plan/backup_structure_step.class.php: call to backup_plugin->define_plugin_structure()\n* line 363 of /backup/moodle2/backup_stepslib.php: call to backup_structure_step->add_plugin_structure()\n* line 86 of /backup/util/plan/backup_structure_step.class.php: call to backup_section_structure_step->define_structure()\n* line 153 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_structure_step->execute()\n* line 103 of /backup/moodle2/backup_section_task.class.php: call to base_task->execute()\n* line 148 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to backup_section_task->execute()\n* line 106 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()\n* line 304 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->execute()\n* line 111 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui.class.php: call to backup_controller->execute_plan()\n* line 89 of /backup/backup.php: call to backup_ui->execute()\n, referer: http://foo.bar/moodle/backup/backup.php

[Mon Apr 16 16:06:44 2012] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Potential coding error - existing temptables found when disposing database. Must be dropped!, referer: http://foo.bar/moodle/backup/backup.php
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toshihiro KITA

Re: upgrade 1.9 to 2.2, then backup a course, but fails (error/baseelementchildnameconflict)

by Toshihiro KITA -
i found that the error is caused by Grid course format (on Moodle 2.2.2+ (Build: 20120405)).
After uninstalling Grid course format, backing up courses is successful without any errors
(even though the courses are in Weekly format, not in Grid format..)
i suppose this problem is somewhat related to the problem reported at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-3534 .

Re: upgrade 1.9 to 2.2, then backup a course, but fails (error/baseelementchildnameconflict)

by Toshihiro KITA -
i should add some comments: i found that the problem has nothing to do with upgrading from 1.9 to 2.2.
Another Moodle 2.2.2 site that i newly set up (not by upgrading) has the same problem of course backup.

by Paul Vaughan -

This error is caused by the Grid course format being installed on the server, but not necessarily being used?

In reply to Paul Vaughan

by Toshihiro KITA -
Thank you for your response.
Correct. In my case the course that could not be backed up did not use Grid format.

by imbu danilot -

Does anybody know if this issue has been confirmed to be caused by the Grid format plugin and more importantly if it has been fixed?

Imbu

In reply to imbu danilot

by Vladimir Ivanov -

I can confirm that this issue is caused by the GRID course format. The plugin is not stable and tooked me 3 hours until I find that the course format is crashing my moodle.

In reply to Vladimir Ivanov

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Only just come across this.

The solution is to remove the 'backup' folder for the format.

Lots of info on http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=196716

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Julian Ridden -

This has been fixed in the current version of the plugin for 2.3