'Grade boundary' inputs are locked.

'Grade boundary' inputs are locked.

by Robin Georg -
Number of replies: 5

I'm using 2.2.2+ (build 20120405) with custom plugins by Open University to create quizzes. I've just upgraded from 20110726 in the last week.

I've run into trouble with one quiz. Going to Quiz administration -> Edit settings -> Overall feedback -> Grade boundary, the input is locked. Following from this, if I add anything to the 'Feedback' textbox and try to save I receive an error "You must fill in the feedback boxes without leaving any gaps."
I've tried the same on other quizzes. The inputs were not locked, but if I save and return to the 'Edit settings' page I see that my grade boundaries and feedbacks were not saved. Previewing the quiz also shows this.

I'm certain I could do this before the upgrade, in fact I still have a quiz which I created before the upgrade and still has these boundaries set up.

I've had a good look at a similar problem and tried a few things mentioned there http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=180728

• I have checked that Site administration ► Plugins ► Activity modules ► Quiz ► Maximum grade is equal to something non-zero (it was and continues to be 10).
  • I have tried a whole bunch of different browsers with and without addons.

Thanks,

Robin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robin Georg

Re: 'Grade boundary' inputs are locked.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Go to Quiz administration -> Edit quiz, and check what 'Maximum grade' is set to at the top of the page.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Robin Georg -

The quiz with the locked input had its maximum grade set to 0 (not sure how that happened). Now its set to 10 and the input is unlocked.
However, like the other quizzes, none of the feedback data (except for the first value, 100%) is saved or used when the quiz is previewed.

In reply to Robin Georg

by Robin Georg -

Bump

In reply to Robin Georg

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I did not actually understand what your 'However' meant. Could you attach a screen-grab, or something like that, to make it clearer. Thanks.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ewan Logue -

Argh!!! I have the very same issue with mine

I originally used firefox however have since removed due to issues with moodle I now use IE8 when i setup a quiz it allows me to input the grade boundary however when i go back in it only keeps the first one 100% and all other grade boundarys below are locked But still able to edit the feedback sections below them.

Can anyone please help and advise how this can be fixed im in the middle or rolling out compliance testing for the business and this is just causing major issues!