Pictures in a Wiki

Pictures in a Wiki

by Nelson Cartagena -
Number of replies: 4

Has anyone had the following problem?

Students insert images in the pages of a Wiki. They show up fine in View mode. However, the Printer-friendly view does not show them; instead is shows an [x]. Images are not printed.

I have many groups in some cases the images show up fine, in most cases the image do not show up. So, it is difficult to diagnose where the problem is.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nelson Cartagena

Re: Pictures in a Wiki

by Heather Kupchenko -

Hi Nelson

Yes, the same teacher has seen this issue as well with the same wiki.  I haven't been able to replicate it on a sample wiki though.  I thought I'd start with the first problem she had, which is consistent throughout our Moodle.

Thanks for your feedback!

Heather

In reply to Nelson Cartagena

by Paula Clough -

I get the error  P L U G I N F I L E/usb%20friend.jpg" alt="usbfriend" width="255" height="298" />  

This is in FireFox and in Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Paula Clough  cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Paula Clough -

Sorry that post took on a life of it's own before I finished.  Is this the same type of error you are seeing or is it different?  Is there something we are missing in the administrator set up?

We are trying out upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1.3. The course was converted already and I am trying to add a wiki to the course.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paula Clough cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Nelson Cartagena -

Sorry, it took so long to answer this. 
We have now upgraded from v1.9 to v2.2.x and I am still having issues with pictures. Actually, students are.

I have recommended to them to use the URL address of a picture they find instead of the Download-Upload method.
I am not sure why but some projects (Separate groups) are successfully displaying pictures, some projects not at all, and curiously some are sometimes showing a picture in one page but not on another.

I will still insist that they use the URL instead of dowloading the picture, and then uploading it to the server. I have a feeling the wiki is not displaying it for me, when each student can see theirs.  I suspect the path to the file is not referenced correctly if one is not the owner of the project they are reading.