1.9.7 Themes Query

1.9.7 Themes Query

by Sophie Wooldridge -
Number of replies: 6

I am using Moodle 1.9.7. 

Unfortunately, an audit trail was not done by my predecessors and I am left in a bind; my company has a theme that is already in use, but I cannot find where the files are stored.

Is there any way I can find the full path destination?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sophie Wooldridge

Re: 1.9.7 Themes Query

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

All themes are stored in the same location...

moodle/theme/... ... ...

If you need help with this theme file please do not hesitate to ask for help.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sophie Wooldridge -

Hi Mary,

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my question, I understand that my theme is currently sat in Moodle, however I cannot find the php files that created the theme in the first place.

Can moodle tell me the path used for the theme?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

moodle/theme/yourthemname is where you need to look

The theme is created as a set of files within the folder marked with the theme name of your particular theme.

It may just be called 'cornflower' for all I know but in that folder are all the files for 'cornflower' theme. The same goes for all the other themes listed in the moodle/theme/ directory folder.

If you are talking about Selecting the theme so that is it visible on the Internet, then you need to login as Admin and select it via Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector

However...you must know all this surely?

What exactly ARE you trying to do? Perhaps you are not explaining it fully so I am assuming things like,'you have no idea about how Moodle works', which is crazy, or you would not be an Admin!  So I must have got all this wrong...

So please explain fully.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sophie Wooldridge -

Hi Mary,

We currently have a theme in Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector called 'PTrainingCentre2010'. 

From my understanding of themes, there should be a pix folder, config.php, meta.php, doctyles.php, screenshot.jpg, favicon.ico, README.html, header.html, footer.html, styles_moz.css, styles_ie6.css, styles_ie7.css, styles_fonts.css, styles_colour.css, styles_layout.css and rtl.css?

If so, I do not know where to find them, therefore I am asking you if Moodle could tell me where they are stored so that the systems administrator can give me access to these files.

I am indeed the sole administrator and have learned how Moodle works via our testing version of our training centre and a Moodle book.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Your Moodle Themes will be on your server in  your Moodle directory  or the root, according to how your Moodle is set up, and in a folder called theme -and inside there should be a folder called PTrainingCentre2010 with the relevant files.

EDIT _ sorry - I didn't realise the Other Mary was onto your query already,  so I will leave her to it!blush

by Mary Evans -

You need to get a copy of this theme from the server.You probably need FTP access to your Moodle server or at best the /theme/directory.

With FTP (something like File Zilla) you can then download your compamy theme. Do the necessary changes using a Text Editor and them using FTP upload back to the server. So you actually need Server access, which is something quite different than Moodle access.

So all the files you need like header.html, footer.html and all the css files, config.php etc., will be in moodle/theme/PTrainingCentre2010

I hope this answers your question?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)