2.1.2: Forum ratings do not appear in gradebook

2.1.2: Forum ratings do not appear in gradebook

by Glenn Pillsbury -
Number of replies: 4

For some reason, ratings in our discussion forums have stopped being transfered to the gradebook.  The forum activity itself appears in the gradebook, but the ratings assigned in the forum do not show up.  I've confirmed this in two different courses using two different forum types and any of the rating types (sum, average, etc).  Nothing I do seems to "jumpstart" the transfer of ratings into the gradebook.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

Re: 2.1.2: Forum ratings do not appear in gradebook

by brami petluri -

Hi,

Can u send me the screen shots of your grade book ?. Actually moodle has default option that forum ratings will be displayed at gradebook . Please check image below, when u keep cursor on forum ratings, it will diplay full details that are user, forum name etc.

pls send ur screen shots, so that i can help u more

In reply to brami petluri

by Glenn Pillsbury -

Thanks for the help.  Here is the forum ("Week 1 Discussion") whose grades do not appear in the gradebook.

Here is the gradebook.  The "Week 1" forum is the first column and you can see that no grades are present in the gradebook.

I created another forum ("Test Forum"), you can see it in the last column of the screenshot.  Those grades appear just fine.

I think I know what happened now: The "brown" cells must be grades that I manually edited in the course of learning other things about the gradebook.  And my understanding of Moodle is that once you manually edit a grade, then Moodle no longer automatically updates it from within the activity.

In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

by Brian Holt -

"And my understanding of Moodle is that once you manually edit a grade, then Moodle no longer automatically updates it from within the activity."

How does one undo this, then?  Delete the manual entry, leaving it blank?

In reply to Brian Holt

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Brian, you'll need to remove the overridden flag, as described in the FAQ 'Why can't I change a grade within an assignment after changing it in the gradebook?' in Grades FAQ. (It works the same for forums as for assigments.)