QuizPort reset

QuizPort reset

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Calling all QuizPort teachers and admins,

I have noticed noticed some strangeness about QuizPort activities that had been reset as part of a course reset.

It turns out there was a bug in the QuizPort reset script. The bug manifests in two ways:

• although the QuizPort grades were all reset, if a student who had been enrolled before the reset, came back to the course, they would find that on starting a QuizPort activity their results for individual quizzes within the QuizPort from before the reset were still there
  • the following QuizPort tables did not reduce in size after a course reset:
    • quizport_quiz_scores
    • quizport_quiz_attempts

I have fixed the bug and also modified the QuizPort upgrade script to remove all the orphaned records in the affected QuizPort tables in the Moodle database.

The next time you upgrade QuizPort, and I encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience, all the orphaned records will be removed. If there are a lot of records, the upgrade will take some time, but it will eventually complete - even if your browser or server times out and you need to restart the upgrade.

You can get the latest version of QuizPort from the Moodle plugins repository:

best regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: -