Grid format Moodle2.2

Grid format Moodle2.2

by Nyree Williams -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

Everytime I install another plugin I get this message relating to the grid format:

Cannot downgrade format_grid from 2012012501 to 2012012200.

More information about this error

Stack trace:
  • line 408 of /lib/upgradelib.php: downgrade_exception thrown
  • line 1449 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 269 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

Some new plugins won't install until I've deleted the Grid format. What is causing this?

thanks

Nyree

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nyree Williams

Re: Grid format Moodle2.2

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Nyree,

It is caused by the file 'version.php'.  It looks like you had the Moodle 2.2 branch installed -> https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-courseformat_grid/blob/MOODLE_22_STABLE/version.php <- and then changed to the Master branch -> https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-courseformat_grid/blob/master/version.php <- I would suggest removing all of the files in the /course/format/grid folder and replacing them with those in -> https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-courseformat_grid/zipball/MOODLE_22_STABLE <- and see if that works.  It should correct the particular issue you are having.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Nyree Williams -

Hello Gareth, Yes it corrects this issue, BUT the grid now displays as a single column in moodle 2.2 - see attached   (this is why I switched back to the moodle plugin release download) which displays in a grid but which gives the error described in the previous post!!

what can I do?

thanks

Nyree

Attachment grid view2.PNG

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Nyree,

In effect you have to perform a manual uninstall of the old version and then install the new one you want.  Therefore with the version you want in '/course/format/grid', please follow the attached screen shot flow.

Cheers,

Gareth

Attachment grid_fmt_issue_sm.png

by Nyree Williams -

Hello Gareth

I followed your instructions but now I get the same list, without the pictures ie no boxes!

BTW There were 2 config_plugins lines to delete one called format_grid and the other called format_gridformat

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Nyree

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Nyree,

If you now only have the version of the Grid format that was working and you have reestablished what you originally setup - i.e. as if you had just changed course format from topics to grid for example, then it could be a theme css issue with floats etc.  Have you changed anything else at the same time?

Cheers,

Gareth

by Nyree Williams -

Hi Gareth

Thanks for continuing to help. I channged the CSS to change the number of blocks in a row, so maybe its this thats causing the problem. Anyway its always the githib.com version that doesn't display properly so I've gone back to the Moodle plugin download and the grid works again.

Thanks again for your input.

Nyree