OU Wiki for Moodle 2 throwing database write error

OU Wiki for Moodle 2 throwing database write error

by Stephen Overall -
Number of replies: 0

Hi:

My installation of OU Wiki for Moodle 2 has just started throwing a database write error whenever I try to save any changes to any page. All the other OU Wiki functionality seems to be working OK; just saving changes produces this error (major bummer). Changes are not saved. Please see attached screenshot for the debugging stack trace information for errors thrown by OU Wiki for Moodle 2 version 2012030700.

This error appears to have started after I successfully performed a weekly upgrade to Moodle 2.2.2+ (Build: 20120329) from the previous week's 2.2.2+ build. (I've been running Moodle 2.2.2+ on a VPS with Linux CentOS and MySQL.) I had OU Wiki for Moodle 2 version 2011112900 installed at the time (which had been functioning without any problems previously), so I uninstalled that older version (after backing up and then deleting the few OU Wiki instances I had already created).

(During the uninstalling process, I did notice that simply clicking the Delete button from the Manage Activities page did remove OU Wiki from the list of installed modules. However, when I manually inspected my database, I found the 8 mod_ouwiki tables still in the database. The tables were empty but had not been dropped from the database. I manually dropped the empty mdl_ouwiki tables from the database. I also manually deleted the mod/ouwiki directory. Seemed like a clean uninstall at that point.)

Then I uploaded and installed the latest version 2012030700 found at https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-mod_ouwiki . Installation was successful and I could create a new OU Wiki instance in a test course without problem. However, when I attempt to create a new Start Page by saving a bit of simple text content, I get exactly the same database write error with version 2012030700 as I did with the older version 2011112900.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I will also post a bug report at https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-mod_ouwiki as the README doc directs.

Attachment OUWiki-ver2012030700-error-on-save-20120407-2.png
Average of ratings: -