Themes

Frankie's the name, Moodle's my game!
Afterburner for Moodle 2.2 problem - no logo in header
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi.

I've got a problem with Afterburner for Moodle 2.2. No logo appears on the header. I haven't modified any of the files.

Need a little help here. Anyone?

Frankie Kam

Average of ratings: -
It's only an avatar...
Re: Afterburner for Moodle 2.2 problem - no logo in header
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi,

Have you added a new Logo?

If so then you need to turn on Theme Designer Mode from Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings -> TDM is 2nd from top. Save settings after enabling and then refresh screen.

Hope this helps?

BTW I have Isometric for Moodle 2...do you want a copy?

Cheers

Mary

Hi Mary. You do have Isometric for Moodle 2? That's sweet American Idol music to my ears. Yes please. Pretty please!

Actually initially it when I selected the theme, no logo appeared. Then I tried to add a logo via a URL in the edit box and still nothing appeared. Okay, I'm going to follow you advice and turn the TDM thingy on, even though there is this warning, "Warning: this will make your site slower for all users!". Leap in the dark...

(10 minutes later)

Okay, I turned it on, put the logo in an URL link, enabled that link, then removed the logo and unchecked the TDM checkbox. Saved, refreshed. The logo appears now. Strange, but I'll leave it as that. BTW, the pervious version Afterburner logo had a red fill. This one's all navy blue. Hmm..any way, thanks for the advice, it worked.

Frankie Kam
May I have a copy of Isometric for Moodle2.x? I'm running Isometric for my Moodle 1.9.15 site and it's been like that for the past 18 months! 

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi,

The logo color was changed deliberately for Moodle 2.1. The way the logo works is different from the way it was styled originally, in fact the change has only been done in the last few weeks.

I must admit my version was playing up too the other day. I'll have to take a closer look.

I revived Isometric fo someone recently and so since I know you helped me fix bugs in the 1.9 version, I'll let you have this for free! smile

Can you send me you email in a message?

No need to turn TDM on just Purge all caches in Settings > Site Admin > Development . Purge all caches (Moodle 2 caches all CSS/images and stuff which can be a pain when making changes.)

When you upgraded I hope you got a fresh intall of Moodle 2.2 and did not overwrite the old Moodle 1.9.15 version? That can cause big problems.

Hope you are well.

Cheers

Mary

Hi Mary

How do I add a logo to the header of the isometric theme for Moodle 2.x?

Frankie Kam

It's only an avatar...

It really needs upgrading as there is no provision, in the current version of Isometric, to add a logo as there is no settings page.

I can do that for you but will take me a couple of days as I am quite busy. The quick alternative is add it as you did in 1.9 version.

In isometric/layout/default.php add the following div for the logo. Then in your isometric.css stylesheet add the following CSS. Add a logo.png or .jpg to your isometric/pix directory.

#logo {
       background: url([[pix:theme|logo]]); no-repeat left top;
       height: 100px; /* make this value the height of your logo image */
       width: 300px: /* make this the width of your logo */
       margin-left: 30px; /* make this whatever value you want */
       padding: 0;
}

The code in italics is the current code you will find in isometric/layout/default.php. Just find the h1 headermain and wrap the logo div arround it as seen below.

<div id="page">
<div id="page-content-outer">
<?php if ($hasheading || $hasnavbar) { ?>
    <div id="page-header">
        <?php if ($hasheading) { ?>
       <div id="logo">
               <h1 class="headermain"><?php echo $PAGE->heading ?></h1>
       </div>
        <?php } ?>

<?php include('profileblock.php')?>

</div>
    <!-- END OF HEADER -->

Cheers

Mary

Hi Mary

I used

#logo {
background: url([[pix:theme|logo]]) no-repeat left top; /* no semicoln */
height: 73px; /* 73px make this value the height of your logo image */
width: 221px: /* 221px make this the width of your logo */
margin-left: 30px; /* make this whatever value you want */
}

and followed your instructions about the wraping the <div>. But I got this:

Looks like the green menus got pushed down for every 1 pixel of height that I assign to the code "height: 73px;". Any ideas how to solve this?

Frankie Kam

It's only an avatar...

I did not test the logo div method and and it does not work well as you have found! Sorry about that and also error in my CSS! sad

However now I have time to test it I find that you can delete the logo div and just add this line to the #page-header CSS like so...

#page-header {
    width: 96%;
    height: 160px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    text-transform: lowercase;
    color: white;
    background: url([[pix:theme|logo]]) no-repeat left top;
}

It works perfectly! smile

Oh yes, it works perfectly! Everything is aligned nicely. And I have my logo! Thank you very much Mary.

It's only an avatar...

I think this is how it worked in the 1.9 theme.

Glad it is working OK now.

cheers