Enrolling Students

Enrolling Students

by Victoria Leon -
Number of replies: 4

Please see if the sequence of events is correct...I have already set up my Moodle site.  I will find out the usernames and email addresses of future students and enroll them in my site and give them a password.  I will then email them my URL address:  http://localhost:8888/moodle22/ and have them sign in with their username and the password I had given them.  They will be asked to change the password I had given them to their own password because I had clicked "force password change" when I created their Moodle account.  They can then be students and work on Moodle even if I (the administrator) is not on Moodle at the time or they have not installed Moodle into their computer like I had to...  Please write back if this is correct or incorrect so far...

If everything is alright, how do I delete the Moodle picture that is seen on the top 1/2 of my home page and has the initial directions I used to start the whole process:  "Please login with admin/12345 and use it"...???   If all of my future students are able to login with the usernames and passwords I have emailed to them, how can I get a simple login page for them to use?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vicky 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victoria Leon

Re: Enrolling Students

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Perhaps you added these words to the central section of the front page? In which case, turn on the editing on the front page and then you can remove the words. I can't see your site as the URL says "local host" which means it is only on your computer - have you got a way for the students to be able to access it on the internet? Apart from that your actions seem ok.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Victoria Leon -

I definitely have a problem.  I do want students to be able to come to my courses, but I must have missed a step.  I do not want to have just a "local host," but I want all of my future students to have access to Moodle and my classes.  

Should I purchase MAMP PRO?   The ad keeps popping up every time I restart MAMP on my computer.

If purchasing MAMP PRO is not the answer, how do I get future students to have access to my courses?  Please help...

-Vicky

In reply to Victoria Leon

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. If you want your students to access your Moodle online then you need to put it online - if you don't have the technical knowledge yourself then there are various webhosting companies that will do it for you, at a price. Or there is some free Moodle hosting that comes with ads or other restrictions. If you do a search for free Moodle hosting on these forums you will probably come up with some possibilities, but they have no guarantees. Likewise there are some companies that will host Moodle for you and there are Moodle Partners who do this officially for Moodle -but they tend to be more expensive for just one person. Another option is here http://www.freemoodle.org/

Average of ratings: Useful (1)