Can Question Behaviour be based on question type?

Can Question Behaviour be based on question type?

by Tim Lovett -
Number of replies: 2

I like have quiz default settings set to "immediate feedback" for calculated questions (particularly synchronized question sets). However, for multiple choice this a bad idea in a flexible classroom environment.

Is it possible to set question behaviour according to question type? I'd like "immediate feedback" for calculated but "deferred feedback" for multiple choice...

(Happy (preferred) to do it thru XML question import).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Lovett

Re: Can Question Behaviour be based on question type?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No you can't do that.sad This is one drawback of the behaviour system introduced in the Moodle 2.1 question engine. You can only set one behaviour for all of the questions within one quiz.

There are circumstances where it would be desirable to have different behaviours for different questions within the same quiz. This would require a "preferred behaviour" setting on the questions editing page. It's up to Tim to decide whether this new feature is worth a new development.

Joseph

In reply to Tim Lovett

Re: Can Question Behaviour be based on question type?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As Josaph says. It is not currently possible.

A lot of the Moodle code could cope with processing questions this way. The bit that is missing is to provide the necesary configuration options so teachers could set this up. So, it is not as much work as it might me. Still, re-doing the quiz definition database tables and editing pages is still quite a big job.