Moodle cookies when you do not visit moodle.

Moodle cookies when you do not visit moodle.

by Bente Olsen -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi

I do not know much about cookies and I do not know if this is the right place to discuss cookies, but this is about moodle.org. I have discovered - have set Firefox to ask first -  that 3 domains want to place cookies on my pc even if I do not visit them! The most persistent of them is moodle.org, that comes with requests in a few minutes frequence. How come?

Bente

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Moodle cookies when you do not visit moodle.

by Dan Poltawski -
Hi Bente,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean? Moodle.org is attempting to set cookies on your machine without you visiting it?

If so it sounds curious. Moodle.org certainly isn't trying to do that, so sounds like perhaps you have a bookmark/RSS feed or something which is visting moodle.org without you requesting?

Dan
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Ang: Re: Moodle cookies when you do not visit moodle.

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok, yes of course, it must be the Sage extension. Didn't think of that. So Sage works in the background nomatter what, and I do not have to wait for the news to load when I want to read them. That must be the explanation. I was really confused, it should not be possible. Thanks for helping clarifying this smile

In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Moodle cookies when you do not visit moodle.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could it be something to do with emails from the forums perhaps?