FORGETTING A MAJOR BASIC

Re: FORGETTING A MAJOR BASIC

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If that's what you think you said in your original post and that you were only responding to what theme designers commented on I suggest you go back and read the entire thread, including all of the comments which have taken your points on board - even while disagreeing with you on others.

Your points were very clearly made that moodle2 is not as easy to style as previous versions and in your words is 'at best horribly difficult or at worst "cruel."' [your fonts! - obviously very easily controllable the number of fonts and styles you use in your posts] and 'When basic issues such as font sizing and positioning are major obstacles, due to these settings being hard coded in core setting, not permitting easy work arounds, makes implementing and using Moodle 2 almost impossible, regardless of Moodle 2 improvements' At no point in this thread have you referred to file picker/course file uploads etc, simply aiming negative comments at the theme process of Moodle2.

You have had polite, informative replies from several members of the community, but your only response is that we have been upset/offended by your suggestions. Those comments have included links to information, suggestions that you would like to get involved in making some of the improvements you would like to see, acknowledgement of the progress made by developers through Moodle2 and commtiments by myself, Daniel and others to try to improve practice in the community/voluntary contributions we make.

Well, I have to say it is not your suggestions about moodle and how to theme it and how well documented and whether or not parent themes should be scrapped which I find upsetting and offensive, but your clear refusal to listen to and engage with anybody who disagrees with you, and to denegrate those replies in turn.

If my previous post is read as 'sarcastic ridicule' I apologise, but put it down to the frustrations of trying to have an open discussion with someone who is not prepared to listen or to contribute in any meangingful way, other than with criticism, to that discussion.

Richard