Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by Mark Marshall -
Number of replies: 25

Hi,

If I launch a popup sized to be 1024x800 in google chrome via either launch or preview, the size of the popup if 0x0.  I can maximize it via the task bar to see the content.  Do I need change the configuration in any way?  In IE it works correctly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Marshall

Re: Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by Karel Lipus -

Hi,

I have the same problem too. Is there any way how to solve this?

I can set any number to new window size, but Chome is opening it minimalized.

Thank you

In reply to Karel Lipus

תשובה ל: Re: Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by rafa eli -

Hi,

I have the same problem ,it's happend after I upgrade to version 2.2.2+ (Build: 20120323)

Thanks

In reply to rafa eli

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by rafa eli -

Hi,

It might related to chrome update (version 18.0.1025.151)

that took place after the 29/3/2012

by Mark Marshall -

An update, I'm running google chrome 18.0.1025.142 m,  I ensured that the site is in the popup exceptions and have also switched off the popup blocker.  Neither resolved the issue.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

please see MDL-32388 for more info

In reply to Dan Marsden

Odp: Re: Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by Kamil Łuczak -
Picture of Plugin developers

Today (05.07.2012) was released chrome version 20.0.1132.47, and after chrome update the problem has come back, anyone have idea to solve the problem with minimized scorm window?

In reply to Kamil Łuczak

Re: Odp: Re: Google Chrome SCORM popup is 0 in size.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What Moodle version are you running? - we made changes to 1.9.18, 2.1.6, 2.2.3 that should make it work for Chrome a bit better.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Christopher Gerard -

I am using Moodle 2.3.1 (Build: 20120706)

This version fixed the problem for the first SCORM package in a course,
but the problem is still present for the 2 other SCORM packages in course.

Let me know if I can provide further information in this

In reply to Christopher Gerard

by Dan Marsden -

Is the pop-up window launched by Moodle or is it one that is launched by the SCORM package itself - seems very strange that you it works fine for one but not others in your course.

If you can reproduce this on qa.moodle.net and provide full information on how to reproduce it including a package that causes the issue that would be helpful.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Christopher Gerard -

Dan:

My courses had 3 independent SCORM 2004 packages.

Let me try to reproduce the problem on your server

WIP: I have uploaded activity "Chrome popup size 0" on http://qa.moodle.net/ in SCORM 2004 ADL Course and enrolled student 7.  so far so good

I use of SCORM 2004 wrapper and YUI 3.51 library

Scorm configuration:
- open in a new window
- height and width=100%
- student skip content=always
- disable preview mode=yes
- display course structure on entry page=no

The Scorm package is generated using reload editor version 2.5.5
(2008-03-10 20:07:32) from http://www.reload.ac.uk/

by Christopher Gerard -

I cannot reproduce in your QA environment - it must be a red herring

by Dan Marsden -

cool - thanks for the update.

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

We are getting the same issue as well. We were on Moodle 2.2.3 and upgraded to 2.3.1. The issues existed on both Moodles.

Our course was created in Lectora.  

The popup works fine in IE and Firefox

In reply to SpookieUkie Shmi

by Dan Marsden -

Is the pop-up window launched by Moodle or is it one that is launched by the SCORM package itself?

If you can reproduce this on qa.moodle.net and provide full information on how to reproduce it including a package that causes the issue that would be helpful.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

This is launched from Moodle. The package is several hundred meg, so I can't upload it; (  I will try to make a temp project and upload it. We are using lectora

In reply to Dan Marsden

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

I could not log into the QA site, and only the demo. I do not permissions to upload a sample course. Here is a link to a bare bones sample created in lectora that does not work in Chrome. The course does open up in a new window. (Could not attach as the limit is only 100K. 

http://www.emergelearning.net/ibook/TestChrome.zip

Let me know how else I can help

Thanks

by Dan Marsden -

that package loads fine for me on qa.moodle.net - both with Chrome 20.0.1132.57 under Ubuntu and 20.0.1132.57 m under Windows.

What exactly is your problem? - the issues reported here above were with Chrome loading a pop-up window that was 0x0 in size so you couldn't actually see the content - Is that what you are seeing? 

If you're still seeing this on your upgraded system I'd check your browser cache and make sure you haven't made any custom changes to the SCORM player in your install.

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

I have cleared my browser cache in Chrome. Its always stuck on the loading screen and the popup is invisible. The popup blocker is turned off. We are on Mooodle 2.3.1 (Build 20120706). No custom changes exist in the scorm player. Is there a link that is available to see a course loading properly in Chrome

Thanks

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

I have also tried various themes, all with the same issue. We are using the fusion theme, but the issue exists in the default theme as well

by Dan Marsden -

I can't reproduce this sorry. - If you can manage to reproduce it on qa.moodle.net then I'm happy to take another look.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

Hey Dan, how do you get access to add a course on the qa site? (maybe I am blind and don't see it)

If you try the course from this link, you will see it freeze in Chrome: http://www.emergelearning.net/ibook/TestChrome.zip

On another note, this same issue occurs in Safari on the mac.

Thanks

by Dan Marsden -

you can't add courses to qa.moodle.net but you can add scorm packages to existing courses.

As I mentioned above I can't reproduce your issue with that SCORM package

I have tested Chrome on Windows and Ubuntu with Moodle 2.3Stable both as a standalone package and using the SCORM course format. - the pop up window loads each time correctly. Make sure your pop-up blocker is not getting in the way. 

The issue previously happening with chrome was where a window was loaded with 0x0 size - are you actually seeing a new 0x0 window or is it just that your pop-up blocker is getting in the way and no window is loaded? - take a look at your site in FF with firebug or some other developer tool to see if there are any js errors occuring in custom code you have added to the site - maybe from your theme? - try using a standard theme if you are using a custom theme to see if that makes any difference.

If you are having issues on Safari it's likely to be your pop-up blocker.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

Hey Dan

The test course does work properly in Chrome on your test server. I wonder what would be different...  If I gave access to our moodle, do you think you could take a peak to see what is happening?

The major difference with our moodle is we are using the fusion theme, but I have tried it without the theme and still have the same issue.

Thanks

by Dan Marsden -

Sure - I work for the Moodle Partner Catalyst IT - drop me an e-mail and I can provide details on our rates.