change layout content page

change layout content page

by Sarah Knight -
Number of replies: 9

Does anyone know what files i need to change in order to modify the layout of a content page in my lesson?? I want the page title not to be shown.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,

Sarah 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Knight

Re: change layout content page

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -

Hello Sarah,

Not sure why you're having trouble hiding your lesson page titles - do you need any in there at all, as if you leave it blank it is accepted?

Also, you can hide it with the .css either something like:

.path-mod-lesson h2.main {

display: none;

}

or change the text colour to match your background colour (color:#whatever;)

Put this in the syles_layout.css file of your chosen theme.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Lynn Scarlet Clark

by Sarah Knight -

I'm not sure if I explain it properly. When adding a content page to my lesson, page title is a required field... 
I dont know exactly where I show add those lines of code. I'm using Moodle 2.2.1 and the brick theme. Should I add them in themes/brick/style/pagelayout.css??

Thanks again! 

In reply to Sarah Knight

by Lynn Scarlet Clark -

Hmm - sorry -  I was pretty sure I'd left some empty (I have both 1.9 and 2.2 courses - I guess I was thinking about the earlier build courses).

Anyway, heres the easy fix: I have just tried putting in some blank spaces with the space bar - into the 2.2 lesson and that worked fine to stop anything showing!

If you prefer the css route try adding that entry to either

yourmoodle/mod/lesson/styles.css (stright into the lesson module style sheet) or

/theme/style/pagelayout.css

In reply to Lynn Scarlet Clark

by Sarah Knight -

last question regarding this topic, i promise! smile (sorry to be so insistent!!)
is there any way to make disappear not only the title but also the line underneath? and it would be perfect if i didnt keep the empty space...
I was looking for a way to edit the page layout as i did with the frontpage, for example, to change the header, etc.
if there isnt another solution, i'll use the paths you suggested, of course smile 

In reply to Sarah Knight

by Sarah Knight -

this may help.....

In reply to Sarah Knight

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Sarah,

It is not quite clear what kind of display you actually want to achieve. Anyway, this is what I can suggest. Using Moodle 2.2 and the Brick theme, Student view. Please note that Teacher view and Student view are not displayed the same, so you should always get into student view to see final result.

Add this line at the end of your theme\brick\style\pagelayout.css file (exactly as it is, with exactly same spaces, etc.)

#page-mod-lesson-view h3.main {display2:none;}

See attached result, before and after adding suggested CSS rule.

Hope that helps,

Joseph

Attachment 04-04-2012 14-12-20.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sarah Knight -

done!!! thank you so much lynn and joseph!!

In reply to Sarah Knight

by Ron Raney -

Hello - I am having the same problem. The solution above isn't working. I have older installations of Moodle that I was able to use these style changes:

.path-mod-lesson .headermain {
display: none;
}
h2.main.help, h3.main, h2.main {display:none;}

It seems to me that in newer versions of Moodle - this no longer works. Tell me if I'm wrong.

What I want to do is get rid of the page title and course title from content pages in the Lesson module. Everyone on my team agrees that they are redundant and they are an "eye-sore".

In reply to Ron Raney

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ron,

More details needed, please.

Which version of Moodle are you currently using? which visual theme? When you say "it seems to me that [...] this longer works", what to you mean? Have you actually tried the hack? In which file of your theme did you place the css changes?

Joseph