Moodle 2.2 Questionnaire Toolbar Missing

Moodle 2.2 Questionnaire Toolbar Missing

by Alex Goodyear -
Number of replies: 7

I have a old 1.9 moodle that i have taken out of production and put in a 2.2 which is now live. I have tried to use the questionnaires for the first time in 2.2 and realised that the ribbon that contains Delete ALL response ETC is missing. Can anyone help? I initially thought it was a theme issue so switched the site to a default theme and the ribbon is still missing. I have tried both IE & firefox and i have re-downloaded the package from moodle.org to ensure that its the latest version. I have got round the issue for now by manually copying the URL from a 1.9 questionaire and change the variables within the URL to get the desired function but could really do with a fix. All help Greatfully recieved!

Regards

Alex Goodyear

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Goodyear

Re: Moodle 2.2 Questionnaire Toolbar Missing

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Alex. Sorry I can't help you with the problem but I noticed someone posted earlier with a similar issue here http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=199504 so I am wondering if there is a connection here?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Alex "i have re-downloaded the package from moodle.org to ensure that its the latest version"

Where exactly did you download your Questionnaire plugin from? Are you sure you are using the version for Moodle 2? Did you download it from here: http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alex Goodyear -

Joseph, Ive just re-downloaded from the link you supplied and it still does the same...

In reply to Alex Goodyear

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, but I cannot replicate this problem. We'll have to wait for more people to report it or maybe you can try on different machines / browsers/ environments...

Joseph

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ângelo Rigo -

Hi Mary 

Yes it is related the only diference is that for me the problem just happens on IE, in Firefox and Chrome work's fine.

In reply to Ângelo Rigo

by Jenny Gray -

I've seen a similar problem with my install, but only with my custom theme. 

You could fix it by looking at the css around the toolbar and changing your own theme.

However, I did note that the underlying html could be improved to fix the problem without changing any themes.  I was planning to contribute this fix back to the module but hadn't got round to it yet.

Patch attached if Joseph has time to review and commit before I get round to it!

In reply to Jenny Gray

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

FYI... This fix was implemented, and is in the current versions.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)