Themes

Afterburner theme - no langmenu on frontpage.

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Damian Wleklinski
Afterburner theme - no langmenu on frontpage.

As mentioned above, the language menu don't show on the main page, even after logging in. Its Moodle 2.2. Afterburner theme. The langmenu appears only on the course page area. Does enybody know how to let the theme display the langmenu on the frontpage?
The option display menu in moodle language setting works well with other themes but not with afterburner.

Average of ratings: -
Me
Re: Afterburner theme - no langmenu on frontpage.
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Plugin developers

In the config.php of the theme, you will see:

// The site home page.
    'frontpage' => array(
        'file' => 'default.php',
        'regions' => array('side-pre', 'side-post'),
        'defaultregion' => 'side-post',
    ),

It needs to be changed to:

// The site home page.
    'frontpage' => array(
        'file' => 'default.php',
        'regions' => array('side-pre', 'side-post'),
        'defaultregion' => 'side-post',
        'options' => array('langmenu'=>true),
    ),

However, as Afterburner is a core theme, this will be overwritten whenever you update your Moodle site. So I recommend you make a duplicate of Afterburner, use the duplicate theme and alter the config.php file of that. Or, create a new theme with Afterburner as the parent, and make the change in that.

There are plenty of links to follow to help you such as this one for creating a custom theme.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Damian Wleklinski

Thanks, Miriam, it works. smile I looked in php code, but the solution is so obvious, .

Shame on me, but themes in Moodle 2 are a (more) bit diffrent then in Moodle 1.9

Cheers

Damian

Me

Yep, they're quite different.

I just love how much you can do with them. smile Good luck with your adventures.

It's only an avatar...
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

I think this could do with being reported as an Improvment then I can fix it.

I'll do it now.

Thanks both of you.

Mary

It's only an avatar...
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

I've created a MDL-32289 in Moodle Tracker and pushed this patch to Moodle yesterday.  If all goes well it should be in the next updated version.

Thanks

Mary

It's only an avatar...

I've just heard this is all fixed now and integrated into Moodle and will be available in next weekly version of Moodle 2.2.x and 2.1.x due out later this week smile

Thanks

Mary

Me

Hooray! heart Love how quickly this went through.