Problem with previewing a feedback from the feedback block

Problem with previewing a feedback from the feedback block

by Mike Green -
Number of replies: 7

Hi - I had the feedback on installed on my 1.9 moodle, and have upgraded moodle to 2.2 (I haven't done anything to separately upgrade the feedback components).

A new feature with feedback for moodle 2 is the preview icon next to the feedback name. This works OK for standard feedbacks that are directly added to a moodle course. But if I go to a feedback that I've shared to moodle courses from the frontpage via the feedback block, I get a problem. Clicking the preview icon works fine, but when I click the continue button I get an error page saying  "incorrect  course module ID".

Any advice?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Green

Re: Problem with previewing a feedback from the feedback block

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Mike,

can you give me a step-by-step instruction to reproduce this?
In the meantime you can try the following:

1. Go into the feedback at the frontpage
  2. Go in the settings-menu to the link "Permissions"
  3. Add the role "Authenticated user" to the permissions "Complete a feedback" and "View a feedback".

Maybe it solves your problem.

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Mike Green -

I've tested this some more and my problem isn't about the feedback block, or previewing . It's simply about accessing feedbacks on the moodle front page - specifically, feedbacks that were created before upgrading moodle to from 1.9 to  2.2.

If I create a new feedback on the front page, everything is fine. standard authenticated users can access and complete the feedback.

I have several old feedbacks that were on my front page before I upgraded moodle. If I log on as a student,  and I click one of the old feedbacks, I get an "invalid course module ID" error.

If I log on as an admin, and I click on the old feedback, I can access and complete it without any problems.

The permissions look OK - authenticated users can complete and view feedbacks. (see the permissions of an example student below).

I don't need my old feedbacks any more, and as long as new ones work I haven't got a real problem.  So don't worry about it if this is just an odd local problem.

Capability  Allowed

Activity: Feedback

Complete a feedback
mod/feedback:complete Yes

Create private template
mod/feedback:createprivatetemplate No

Create public template
mod/feedback:createpublictemplate No

Delete completed submissions
mod/feedback:deletesubmissions No

Delete template
mod/feedback:deletetemplate No

Edit items
mod/feedback:edititems No

Map courses to global feedbacks
mod/feedback:mapcourse No

Receive email notification
mod/feedback:receivemail No

Thanks for the feedback module and your great support for it, Andreas - it's much appreciated.

In reply to Mike Green

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Mike,

did you check the permissions directly at the local permissions from the feedback?
I can not see the permission for "View a feedback". If it isn't set so the you gets this error too.

Andreas

by Mike Green -

Yes,I think permissions look OK. Here's the local permissions for the old feedback that isn't working -

Complete a feedbackmod/feedback:complete

Spam risk Course coordinatorPrevent, Authenticated userPrevent, StudentPrevent, TeacherPrevent
Allow
Silent student
Prohibit
Create private templatemod/feedback:createprivatetemplate Spam risk Course coordinatorPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Create public templatemod/feedback:createpublictemplate Spam risk Course coordinatorPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Delete completed submissionsmod/feedback:deletesubmissions   Course coordinatorPrevent, TeacherPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Delete templatemod/feedback:deletetemplate   Course coordinatorPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Edit itemsmod/feedback:edititems XSS riskSpam risk Course coordinatorPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Map courses to global feedbacksmod/feedback:mapcourse   ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Receive email notificationmod/feedback:receivemail Privacy risk Course coordinatorPrevent, Non-editing teacherPrevent, TeacherPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
View a feedbackmod/feedback:view   Course coordinatorPrevent, Authenticated userPrevent, GuestPrevent, StudentPrevent, Non-editing teacherPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
View the analysis page after submitmod/feedback:viewanalysepage Privacy risk Course coordinatorPrevent, StudentPrevent, TeacherPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
View reportsmod/feedback:viewreports Privacy risk Course coordinatorPrevent, Non-editing teacherPrevent, TeacherPrevent, Course creatorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
In reply to Mike Green

by Andreas Grabs -

Hmm, I would say it looks good. Very strange sad. Are there one or more courses mapped to these old feedbacks?

Andreas

by Mike Green -

Yes, it was mapped - and when I unmapped it, the problem goes away.

If I remap it,  the problem comes back.

In reply to Mike Green

by Andreas Grabs -

Hi Mike,

you could try to map the frontpage too.

Andreas