[Theme] Zebra 2.2.2

[Theme] Zebra 2.2.2

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 84

New in this version:

• Custom core colors (calendar, warnings)
  • Custom block widths
  • respond.js (now compatible with IE7 & IE8!)
  • Google Chrome Frame prompt (help out your IE6 users!)
  • Rebuilt custommenu - now uses YUI again (bye-bye renderer!)
  • On a diet - a lot less included core CSS; now relies on base again!
  • Admin pages are now responsive & have a new layout

Get it in the plugins directory

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: [Theme] Zebra 2.2.2

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniel,

I'm just about to take this on a test drive...smile

I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks...it all looks very promising.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Downloading this now to have a 'play' Daniel - keen to see your developments as I have used previous work you did (such as rebase) for my university theme, it really fitted 100% with the needs I had to address at just the right time, so looking forward to seeing these developments.

Many thanks for all your hard work and efforts with Zebra et al.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by David Fawcett -

Anyway to set to no logo to  stop overlap of the Zebra logo and Course Title?

Logo and Course Theme Overlap

In reply to David Fawcett

by Danny Wahl -

scroll down to the custom css box and add:

h1.headermain {margin-left: 300px;}

adjust the pixel value for your logo width.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Sami Hwang -

Hey Daniel,

Thank you so much for putting up your effort on this theme. 

I start with March with the fear that I have to do a Moodle theme design from the scratch,

but I don't need to do that due to your professional-looking theme. It is a huge time

saver. Let me try your upgraded theme. Keep up the good work.

Sami

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi.

Everything seems to be perfect now, even with IE 7. Great job. Thanks a lot.

I have some questions where you can hopefully support me:

1.) Where can I place my Meta-Tags in the Header (/zebra/layout/embedded.php or general.php or somewhere else)?

2.) Where can I place additional Fooder links? (only Textinfo, Impressum, contact a.s.o)

3.) How can I delete the user Picture in the header (/zebra/layout/embedded.php or general.php or somewhere else)?

Id would be great if you can support me with any of these questions.

In reply to axel m.

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Axel

1. I would suggest adding meta-tags in teh Additional HTML section of your site, although if you really wanted to hard code them in they would have to go in each of the layout files (embedded.php,general.php,etc)
    Home► Site administration► Appearance► Additional HTML

2. look in each of the layout files, embedded.php and general.php, etc., for the section which begins div id="page-footer-wrapper" (about line 162 in embedded.php). In that section you will find the $OUTPUT - > standard _ footer _ html() and Daniel's branding icons section. You can adapt the code in that section to add the links you want/need. (note spaces have been added in the code snip above to prevent the forum trying to parse it as code - just in case! smile)

3. #user-pic {display:none;} - either added to the css files, try extra.css around line 42 for the rest of the user-pic rules, or added in the customcss box on the settings page.

HTH

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by axel m. -

Hi Richard

Answer 1: It works

Answer 2: Amazing yeah

Answer 3: GREAT everything works fine... thanks a lot.

Oh, by the way, do you also know how to remove the colck in the upper right (beside the custommenuitems)?

In reply to axel m.

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Axel,

In the layout files (about line 120 in general.php, but you'll need to do it in the others as well) you'll find the line below. Delete the section highlighted to remove the calendar bit.

<div id="custommenu"><a class="home" href="<?php echo new moodle_url('/index.php'); ?>"><div>&nbsp;</div></a><?php echo $custommenu; ?><a class="calendar" href="<?php echo new moodle_url('calendar/view.php'); ?>"><?php echo date("F j, Y"); ?></a></div>

HTH

Richard

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

though Richard has already answered, I wanted to let you know that 2.2.3 will have 3 new settings:

1) show "Home" link in Custommenu (checkbox)

2) Show "Calendar" link in Custommenu (checkbox)

3) custom date format (textbox)

So you won't have to mess with the code

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Ah ok. So I will wait for te next release. Do you know the estemated release date?

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

probably some time early next week (but don't hold me to it, I have a WordPress plugin to finish writing too!)

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi there...

Now I have found a bug on my page that I can not fix. So I need your support once again.

This is my Webpage: http://www.radiolect.de

The pages works fine.

But if I will open the a course category
i.e http://www.radiolect.de/course/category.php?id=1
then the Toplinkbar lost the backgroundcolor (Firefox and Chrome). In the IE, you can see nearly nothing in the topbar.

What is happend? mixed

Here is the comparison between normal and bug captured in Firefox 11.0

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

I believe I may have already fixed this here - So that will be in 2.2.3 also.  Here's a link where you can see it with the latest version of the code:

http://moodle.iyware.com/course/category.php?id=2

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi.

Thanks for your support. The bug is still there. You can cause the bug, if you click on "Kurse" in the Topbar.

Webpage

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

I think I have an additional bug, dpending on the CSS?

If I include a table with visible lines (not only around the table, also the grid between coloms and rows), the lines are not visible.

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

Do you mean just a table with a border?  Where are you adding it?

Can you do me a favor?  Go to my development site moodle.iyware.com and login with the teacher account (credentials are on the front page) and add your table there and then post the link here so I can see what's happening.

Thanks for telling me about these bugs!  I'm happy to fix them.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi Daniel

Here we go:

http://moodle.iyware.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=8#p9

Looks similiar on your page. So am I doing something wrong?

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

Ok, this is what I see happening:

/lib/yui/3.4.1/build/cssbase/base.css

th, td {   border: 2px solid black; }

loads first and then:

/theme/styles_debug.php?theme=zebra&type=parent&subtype=base&sheet=core

th, td, a img {   border-width: 0; }

loads second overriding the first rule.  And unfortunately neither of these two rules are mine.  One comes from Moodle core (YUI) and the second comes from the Base theme.

One thing you may want to do is add something to override that rule [td {border-width:2px;}] to the extra css box in the settings, or use the Moodle table built-in classes of r0 and r1 on your trs like this:

<tr class="r0"><td>data</td></tr>

<tr class="r1"><td>data</td></tr>

<tr class="r0"><td>data</td></tr>

And the theme will "stripe" them for you.  As to the tds having their own border - that's going to either take a general rule (as I said above) or you can give the table a unique ID and then do a specific rule like:

#mytable td {border-width: 2px;}

So that it doesn't affect every table throughout moodle.

All that to say - neither of those rules actually come from Zebra, so you'd see this in any theme, so it seems that nowhere in Moodle do individual tds have their own border.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniel,

While testing ZEBRA I came across the problem with the custommenu.

It actually happened when I added the theme, and whent through the 'upgrade' process.

After that I couldn't reproduce that problem. I tried to find out which page, but as it had no 'footer' my debugging page-info did not show up as I would have liked.

Also I noticed that your embedded page is all wrong. It has NO layout to speak of, just very minimal.  So not sure why you added all the code.  It's not needed.

Other that that Zebra looks and work very well.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -

Thanks for the feedback Mary.  I have already fixed that weird menu problem - it had to do with pages that didn't have a footer.  I haven't updated the plugin version yet though!

As to the embedded view, I'll be honest in saying that I'm not really certain on how it's actually supposed to be used blush  I thought that I was only using it for "pop-up" layout windows.  Can you tell me a page-type where it's used and it's all broken so I can try to fix it.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Just copy the embedded.php from base theme. That's what I use.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi...

Great hint. I just allowed the footer and deleted the images... now the bug is fixed.

Thanks a lot.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.3:

fixed: menu background wrong when no navbar (Thanks Axel M. for reporting)

Added: Option to remove "home" link from custommenu

Added: Option to remove "Calendar" link from custommenu

Added: Option to customize date format in custommenu (using php's date() function)

Added: Option to include Autohide CSS (on by default)

Added: Option to include Editing Mode CSS (off by default)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.4:

• Added: Forum posts now support group pictures
  • Added Setting to show/hide user photo in theme header
  • Fixed: "Embedded" layout (thanks Mary for the tip!)
  • Enhanced: Major pagelayout rewrite (now uses header/footer templates)
  • fixed: bug when calendar was "on" but date was "null"
  • Enhanced: rewrite lib.php to be simpler and added comments

Note: if you have debugging on you will see a "Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$userpic" output until you run the upgrade through admin notifications.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: [Theme] Zebra 2.2.2 Chaos on Template after Upgrade to 2.2.4

by axel m. -

Hi Danny.

Now I realy have a problem after upgrading 2.2.2 to 2.2.4.

The Blocks are overlayed to the mainpage: so it is not on the left side, beside the main frame.

In addition to that the logo is not displayed anymore.

If you need any Access to the page, additional infos or anything else please give me a note. I realy do need your help.

Thanks in advance

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

Hi Axel, can you tell me what browser(s) this happens in?

edit: looking at it from your site above it seems that you've set the "colwidth" to be 0, try changing that back to "200" and see if that fixes it.

edit again: since you're not in theme designer mode, since you did the update have you done the "purge all caches" command?

The source for your logo is just url("") - so it doesn't even see anything there...

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi

Thanks for your support. I also think, that this is the Problem. Some values that I add in the cells will not be accepted. They are all listed in the backend, but there is no effect for the appearance of the webpage.

So I think that there is no interaction between some values in the Backend for the Template and the CSS. I also tried to start the install.php /upgrade.php of the Template without an effect.

Do you have any Idea how to reinstall the template or something like this to rebuild the connection between the backend values and the Database oder CSS?

In reply to axel m.

by Mary Evans -

You don't need to write px after the value, that is probably why it is not working.

Also Moodle Themes should not need the 'db' directory unless the theme gererates new tables in the database, and I am certain Zebra doesn't have that facility, unless I am mistaken.

I just think you are doing things all wrong and then compounding the problem trying to correct it by doing something you think will help when in fact it is probably doing the opposite!

In reply to Mary Evans

by axel m. -

Hi Mary

Thanks for your tipp: px is not neccessary, so now the sidebar works fine!!! smile

The problem that I still have is, that the header banner is not shown. I linked the Pic

to the header but it will not be  shown. Do you also have an Idea regarding that?

In reply to axel m.

by Mary Evans -

Yes...

Try putting this into the URL for the logo setting...

logo/radiolect_logo_RZ_100_2

In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -

Yes, that's the one variable where you can't use "px, em %" because I have to take it and use it to calculate double the value, sorry blush

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -

Hi Danny,

I'm trying to help axel getting his/her logo to work, and ended up getting a PHP Notice of an "Undefined variable"

I entered a full URL http://www.radiolect.de/theme/zebra/pix/logo/radiolect_logo_RZ_100_2.png and now get the following PHP Notice:

Notice: Undefined variable: replacement in C:\wamp\www\moodle\theme\zebra\lib.php on line 316
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0024    834000    {main}egg    ..\index.php:0
2    0.7817    28427424    bootstrap_renderer->headeregg    ..\index.php:95
3    0.7817    28427680    bootstrap_renderer->__callegg    ..\setuplib.php:0
4    0.7998    28760560    call_user_func_array egg    ..\setuplib.php:1405
5    0.7999    28760800    core_renderer->headeregg    ..\setuplib.php:0
6    0.8277    29009008    core_renderer->render_page_layoutegg    ..\outputrenderers.php:711
7    0.8285    29082712    include( 'C:\wamp\www\moodle\theme\zebra\layout\general.php' )    ..\outputrenderers.php:764
8    0.8299    29125848    require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\moodle\theme\zebra\layout\header.php' )    ..\general.php:25
9    1.5582    55473680    core_renderer->standard_head_htmlegg    ..\header.php:85
10    1.5583    55476864    theme_config->css_urlsegg    ..\outputrenderers.php:395
11    1.5591    55477128    theme_config->css_contentegg    ..\outputlib.php:617
12    1.6771    55499176    theme_config->css_files_get_contentsegg    ..\outputlib.php:726
13    1.6772    55500104    theme_config->css_files_get_contentsegg    ..\outputlib.php:743
14    1.6772    55508296    theme_config->css_files_get_contentsegg    ..\outputlib.php:743
15    1.6773    55508624    theme_config->post_processegg    ..\outputlib.php:748
16    1.6775    55508832    zebra_process_cssegg    ..\outputlib.php:897
17    1.6775    55508832    zebra_set_logourlegg    ..\lib.php:40

In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -

Well the good news is I've successfully replecated that error!

now to fix it...

edit: fixed! now to start packaging it up for the plugins db...

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -

Thanks smile

By the way I like the idea of adding the header and footer.

I was wondering if this could be made to use even less php files.

I was actually thinking if header and footer could be call as a function which was written into theme's lib.php using something like <?php echo $OUTPUT->themeheader?> and <?php echo $OUTPUT->themefooter?> in much the same way that html headers and footers are called?

Something to think about smile

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Danny Wahl -

I've heard whispers and rumors (i.e. read in the docs somewhere) that 2.0 theming has a proper templating engine built-in.  What I haven't seen is 1) Any theme actually using it or 2) Any documentation on how to use it...

That might be the best place to start looking at it.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.5

• Fixed: an undefined variable error when not using moodle_pix() urls
  • Enhanced: colwidth can now be px, em, %, or pt (formerly px only)

Thanks guys!  The upgrader should prompt you to re-enter the value for colwidth so that it displays properly.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by axel m. -

Hi

Thanks a lot for that support. Seems to be, that everything works fine now.

the only Problem that is left is the favicon. I placed "favicon.ico" in /theme/zebra/pix/favicon

Isn´t that correct?

In reply to axel m.

by Danny Wahl -

yes that is correct, you just need to overwrite the favicon.ico, I can't find a good way to allow a custom favicon.

Make sure you run the "purge all caches" after than.  And even then some browsers are bad about cacheing favicons.  Try a new/different browser that hasn't been there before or purge your browser too.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.6

• Enhanced: Home icon and dropdown indicators now change color based on 'menucolorscheme'
  • Fixed: Bad calendar link in custommenu
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

sneak peek "simplelogin" setting:

simplelogin enabled

We're prepping our M2 server for a fall rollout and one of the things that we're changing is that we're requiring authentication before any access is given to Moodle.  That can be done simply enough in a two step process: 1) moodle core settings 2) theme config for pagelayout-login just do nocustommenu,nofooter,nonavbar, etc..

But I didn't want to change it in Zebra and force everyone that uses this theme to have to have that.  So I created a new setting 'simplelogin' - if you enable it it will then strip all those things from the login page and display as above.  Best of both worlds!

And yes, that is a real picture of the code, not a mockup, it's even already pushed to github smile  I just have more I want to do before pushing a new version.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Brian Gray -

I'm seeing a problem with the auto-hide feature when using IE9.  Issue added to your bug tracker. ( http://goo.gl/jRvFB ). Video linked to tracker to show the problem.

In reply to Brian Gray

by Danny Wahl -

Hi Brian thanks for the report.  Fortunately someone reported it to me in PM here a couple days ago.  It's already fixed and I will be packaging an update for Moodle soon.

In the interim you can switch to pull from master at github if you need the fix now.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.7

• Fixed: config output display when not logged in
  • Fixed: forum display with no group pictures
  • Fixed: autohide hover problem on selects with IE
  • Fixed: background image being cropped on pages with content < 100% height
  • Fixed: docked blocks not respecting colwidth setting
  • Added: "simple login" option
  • Added: IE stylesheeet for browser-specific rules
  • Enhanced: Update respond.js to 1.2.0-min
  • Enhanced: merge css3 and colors stylesheets into their parent sheets
  • Enhanced: move all logic from page layout and footer into header
  • Enhanced: fixed some whitespace issues in core stylesheet
  • Enhanced: moved more forum rules into mod_forum stylesheet

Thanks to those who reported the IE select/hover issue

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Brian Gray -

Thanks fior the fixes - especially the IE hover problem.  My teachers are happy (or at least happier) now.  As Steve Jobs said, one more thing...

On Assignment activities, the user's avatar image is compressed.

On the course front page, I see:

but on an assignment page I see:

I have seen this only on Assignment activities, but there may be other mods that have the same problem.

bkg

In reply to Brian Gray

by Danny Wahl -

Well that's peculiar.  I'm assuming that this is in IE again, correct?

Is this in the actual assignment description view, or is this the list of assignments for a course?

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Brian Gray -

I see it in IE9, Firefox 12, and Chrome 18.

The compressed image appears on the assignment description/submission page (as a teacher and a student)  and on the assignment grading page (teacher only, of course).

The course page appears as expected in all browsers and in all roles.\

This may help.

bkg

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Brian Gray -

Here's another minor oddity: Teacher for a course had editing turned on, so the dashed lines appear around blocks (as expected).  If the teacher then clicks on the Home link or icon to go to the site fron page (without turning editing mode off first), then the dashed linse appear around blocks on the front page.  No editing icons or menus appear, but it can be a bit confusing to the teacher.

In reply to Brian Gray

by preeda palakawong -

Wow Grest.! Thankks a lot... This time i doing learning edit the themp. I hope will complete... soon.! smile When complete i will Upload it for share... d^o^b.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

v2.2.10

• Fixed: Profile picture distorition on Assignment pages
  • Fixed: Links in section summaries disappearing with autohide CSS
  • Fixed: Login info being pushed offscreen with small header values
  • Fixed: Some autohide CSS displaying for users with editing on in areas they don't have editing capabilities (like .sitetopic)
  • Enhanced: minified all images via pagespeed (56K reduction)
  • Enhanced: swapped to new iyWare.com logo in footer
  • Removed: unused favicon.ico file
  • Removed: 'editingnotify' setting
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

Just discovered a small bug with this version:

when you first update if you may get a "PHP Notice: Undefined stdClass::$editing" if you have display debugging on

To fix this simply turn editing on and then off again and it will go away forever.

I've already committed a fix to github but i won't push a new version just for this.

https://github.com/thedannywahl/Zebra_4_Moodle_2/commit/6ec708238fbf449798512128eef647156139cfe2

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Nano A -

Hi Danny!

This theme is very nice Thanks! smile

I have a question for you.  I'm adding SCORM files as activities and I'm having issues with the "Display Package Function"

Current window - The player creates a space taller than what's needed, and centers the SCORM activity, which generates the need to scroll to be able to see everything.  Is it possible to reduce the size of this space to 'fit' the PLAYER?  or Align it to the top?

New Window - Is it possible to create an empty popup window?  (I mean not carrying the theme design?)  - It's doing something similar to what is described above.  The window it creates is smaller than the player, so users have to resize the window and scroll eveytime they open an activity.  I tested this with the standard theme and it doesn't happen.  The new window is the same size as the player and there's no need to scroll or resize.

Can any of those two things be fixed/tweaked from my side?

Thanks for your help! smile

In reply to Nano A

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

How a page resizes for SCORM packages is largely up to the Admini of the site, as all the setting for SCORM are central to Moodle and NOT theme related usually.

So please can an confirm that you have set all the correct heights and widths for your site's SCORM settings for embedded pages and pop-ups.

Thsnks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Nano A -

Hi Mary,

Yes, I have modified the controls for the "Display Package Function".  I've setup the height and width that I want... actually, I have tried with different combinations trying to find something that works... but this didn't help.

As far as I understand the settings are central to moodle, because the original theme works fine... but I read in a post, that the theme can overwrite the player settings... 

What I did to test it, is to setup everything in the standard theme.  Once all worked fine, I changed themes... then it all changed... the popup window now includes the theme header (logo and background for example), so the whole SCORM moves down... 

This is a capture of the screen...

Note that the the bottom of the window finishes where the gray background fnishes.  I just drew a black rectangle on top of the SCORM object, so you can see the part that gets clipped.   As you can see the SCORM object has been moved down to accomodate the blue header.

I would like to have the window just surrounding the black rectangle.  All the rest (the blue backgound and the grey padding is not needed in this window).

Does it make sense?

In reply to Nano A

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Yes I can see what is happening here. In that case Danny is the best person to fix this if he can.

Mary

In reply to Nano A

by Danny Wahl -

yes, I can fix this.  Can you do me a favor, as I don't have any SCORM packages.  From the course page copy the link to the SCORM popup and paste it here without the domain.  So probably something like:

/mod/scorm/index.php? blah blah blah

thanks

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Nano A -

Thanks Danny!

Not sure what you mean...  something like this your're after??

/mod/scorm/player.php?scoid=12&cm=17&currentorg=Sample_ORG&display=popup

Here is a sample SCORM in case you want to upload to your install and test:

Sample_SCORM.zip

Thanks for your help! smile

In reply to Nano A

by Mohammed Ullah -

Hi any fix on this issue, I am having the same problems using Moodle 2.3.

Regards Kol

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Tim Bateson -

Hi ,

Thanks for producing such a great theme. The Moodle Drop Down Menu's are not working for me in IE9. Any ideas on this?

I have downloaded latest version from github and this still has the issue.

Other moodle themes seem to be ok with the Moodle menus. 

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Thanks,
Tim 

In reply to Tim Bateson

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

What exactly does 'not working' mean in this context?Is it not showing up at all or is it not styled properly? If you see all the links in a long line down your page then you have for some reason allowed this page to be viewed in Compatibility Mode. Check for this in Tools > Compatibility Mode settings if your own site address is in the list, then remove it and check the page again, after refreshing the screen.

Alternatively use F12 (Function Key) to find what browser mode you are in.

When you hit the F12 key you should see a split page, (see image below)

Here you can see which Broswer Mode you are viewing the page. If it is in IE7 or IE8 Mode then click on IE9 and it should right itself. Also check which Document Standards the page is using too as this should be IE9 but could be IE7 or IE8 or Quirks. - I hope this helps solve the problem. Cheers

Mary

IE9-F12

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Tim Bateson -

Hi Mary,

I had not added moodle for Compatibility view, but the sites is showing up in our intranet zone which automatically puts into compability view! So removing this setting removes the issue. Don't use IE very often anymore, so did not know this!

I can confirm that Root Level Menu items appear fine in IE9 compatibility view. The  menu items and sub menus do not show as a list,  when I hover the mouse over the Root Menu item to trigger an event though.

Thanks,

Tim

In reply to Mary Evans

by Odell Myers -

Hi,

I am seeing a similar issue in IE7. The top-level nav bar displays but none of the sub-menus drop down. Any information you can share that will help troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated. As there is no compatibility mode setting in IE7, I'm still searching for answers. Thanks for you help.

Del

In reply to Odell Myers

by Mary Evans -

Is JavaScript enabled in your IE7 browser?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Odell Myers -

Hi Mary,

Yes. On other themes, but not all, the menu works just fine in IE7. The Zebra theme works fine in IE9, but in IE8 is has some formatting glitches and the menu subtopics disappear behind embedded flash videos. In IE7, the menu does not work at all. I'm not familiar with themes but seems like some kind of layer issue.

In reply to Odell Myers

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

The Flsh video is casued by the way you add the flash object. The code has params yes? Well the param you are missing is as follows:

<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

Add that to the flash object code and the menu will work after you Purge all caches in Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches

The full code I use when adding SWF flash files is this...

<object width="add numerical value" height="add numerical value" data="http:// add the path to the swf file" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param value="add path to swf file again here" name="movie">
<param value="add HEX color code here" name="bgcolor">
<param value="opaque" name="wmode">
</object>

The IE7 issue may be to do with the flash as well, but I think it is only an IE8 problem. However, I hope you are aware that we don't fall over backwards to find fixes now for IE7 as it is time consuming.So unless Danny has a 'fix' for this problem, you may have to add a manual menu so that it works in IE7.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Odell Myers -

Thanks Mary. We have a few application that like antique browsers, so it does present a challenge since we have some users who must work from IE7. I appreciate your assistance.

In reply to Odell Myers

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Odell,

Don't forget you can have more than one browser on a machine, so provided those legacy applications (which really need to be updated as even MS are advising updating IE to at least v8 - but I know that's not always possible!) don't integrate directly with Moodle, why not have Firefox/Chrome on your PCs as well?

Richard

In reply to Odell Myers

by Mary Evans -

I know, this is a problem, the fact that people are forced to use old browsers. Mind you I use to love IE6 LOL.

In reply to Odell Myers

by Danny Wahl -

don't forget that starting next week 2.3 will be out - requiring IE8 at a minimum.

Once I've moved to a 2.3 version of Zebra, I won't support below IE8 either.  I'm just one person!

I'm not going to remove the older versions from the plugin repository, but the only advice I will give is "upgrade your browser".

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Nano A -

Thanks Danny,

Where you able to check the SCORM pop up window issue?

I was in a hurry so I ended up using another theme for the project I was working on.

I'm building another site ow and would love to use your theme! smile

In reply to Nano A

by Mary Evans -

Hi Nano

Try adding the code I have highlighted here in place of the popup setting you have in your theme/zebra/config.php

'popup' => array(
        'theme' => 'base',
        'file' => 'embedded.php',
        'options' => array('nofooter'=>true, 'noblocks'=>true, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true, 'nologininfo'=>true)
    ),

This gets rid of the header, and works perfectly in my test site useing a SCORM package I have.

However I am also using Moodle 2.2.5 so it may be a difference in Moodle version that is affecting your view of the same page.

In reply to Nano A

by Danny Wahl -

I'm sorry, I have not yet had a chance to fix it - and I do have several people asking via PM!

Unfortunately I am in Singapore for training until the 30th and don't have my DEV machine with me.  I will fix this though!

taking a wild wild guess though, add this to your "Custom CSS" for the theme:

.path-mod-scorm #page-header {min-height:10px;}

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Nano A -

I'm building the new site tomorrow so I'll get the chance to try the suggestions.

Thanks both! smile

In reply to Danny Wahl

by William Emmons -

I have been using the latest version of Zebra on 2.3.1.   Get the same issue on IE 8, Firefox 13, and Safari 5.

Run across an overlapping tabs/titles issue on the lesson editing pages.

When editing a lesson contents (click edit tab), we get the edit page with row1 tabs and row2 tabs (collapsed/expanded) with a table of lesson parts listed below.  The bold titles above the column overlap the row2 tabs as show here.

The same happens on the edit page for each part, say I click the Bible Gateway link and get the following.

Any ideas on this.

Also, is this the correct place to report problems with the theme? Or are there other places to do this?

By the way, I love this theme.

In reply to William Emmons

by Danny Wahl -

I will look at these ASAP (which sadly might be up to 2 weeks from now...)

this is the perfect place to report it, and thanks for the thorough reporting.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by William Emmons -

Thanks Danny.... appreciate your work

In reply to William Emmons

by Mohammed Ullah -

Hi,

Has anyone fixed or have a fix for this issue for moodle 2.3?

Regards Kol

In reply to Mohammed Ullah

by Mary Evans -

Can you PLEASE test this in another theme. Try Standard theme or Afterburner and let me know if the problem exists. If it does then it is a Moodle BUG and needs reporting in Moodle Tracker. It looks to me like it could be a bug in "Lesson", rather than theme.

Thanks

Mary