"Site administration" quit responding to manager

"Site administration" quit responding to manager

by Carlos Foscolo -
Number of replies: 10

Hello,

Although I'm the only manager of a course, version 2.2.2, twice (in different cpu's after the same action (attempt to login). After the red error messages, I can't access site administration anymore. It seems to me something affected the cpu's configuration. I have already cleaned caches and cookies, but all remained the same. I'm asking for help.

Carlos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Foscolo

Re: "Site administration" quit responding to manager

by Carlos Foscolo -

At first I thought it was a problem with my cpu configuration. But, by now, after trying to run the page in other computers, I realized it was a global problem. But nobody has a solution for it. I've been waiting for over a week. I've tried the "Lounge Forum"  but they only talk about a possible meeting in Chicago (I might have gone to the wrong place for help) !!! 

by Floyd Saner -

Carlos,

Try the Using Moodle forum,  http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=5

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Carlos Foscolo -

Floyd,

Thanks for answering. I'm going to try.

Carlos

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Carlos Foscolo -

Hi Floyd

I've had a partial solution for the problem:  Every time I reopen the site, the hiperlinks in the site administration area are blocked.  No use to click on them, for nothing happens.  At least I've found out how do make them work:  I write in the brouser the following command:  .../admin/purgecaches.php  I know next time I open the site again the problem will happen again, but at least I know how to make it worK.  But I'd like to avoid the problem. If you knows how, please...

Carlos

by ben reynolds -

Hi Carlos,

You'll get better results in Using Moodle > General Problems. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=50

Be sure and quote the error messages you are getting.

When you say you can't access Site Administration, do you mean that you cannot login as the Site Administrator? Is the password not recognized?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Carlos Foscolo -

Hi Ben,

I access the site as Administrator, but I'm "deprived of my powers" as administrator, suc as: I get no response when I click on "Site Administration", on users, on courses, etc. Summing up, I can't change anything in the site anymore.  I installed the 2.2.2 version about a week ago and found it excellent.  I configured the site in few minutes and it worked fine for 3 or 4 days. Then, when I tried registering a user, I got a message (I failed writing it down). Ever since, I have no more action on site administration, and no message is shown. I sure need help.

Yes, my password is recognized, but...

Thanks for having answered.

Carlos

by ben reynolds -

This is very odd behavior, indeed. You can obviously see the links in the Site Administration block, but nothing happens when you click on them.

If you haven't invested time in building courses, the easiest solution might be to delete everything and reinstall Moodle. But, also, if you ask in General Problems, you'll get more responses from more experienced people.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Carlos Foscolo -

Well, as a matter of fact, since this site was in its very beginning, I've deleted it 3 times already and reinstalled it, and it seems to me the problem grows worse, every time I do it.  The host technicians gave me, as a solution, to delete the the whole account and start another. Well, it wouldn't be a big problem, for it is still in the beginning;  My worry, since I don't know what caused it, is that in the future I have to do the same thing again when the site is full of users and contents.  That's why I'm trying hard to know what's causing it.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi all

As somebody else also mentioned, this discussion is "more suitable" for the "Installation problems" forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=28.
sad
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Carlos Foscolo -

Well, since I've improperly started the discussion of this issue here, I think I'd better finish it here too so that I would't leave it open.

I've had a partial solution for the problem:  Every time I reopen the site, the hiperlinks in the site administration area are blocked.  No use to click on them, for nothing happens.  At least I've found out how do make them work:  I write in the brouser the following command:  .../admin/purgecaches.php  I know next time I open the site again the problem will happen again, but at least I know how to make it worK.  But I'd like to avoid the problem. If anybody knows, please...

Carlos