Confirmation Letters but no Submission Feedback Emails

Confirmation Letters but no Submission Feedback Emails

by Mark Mead -
Number of replies: 2
I can't figure out why my assessment feedback is not mailed back to the students. I've played with the SMTP settings using 'localhost' for smtphosts and my local server, username, and password. However, I've found that as long as I leave the smtphosts blank, the confirmation email is sent out.

So, it appears my emails are being sent out, but I can't understand why the confirmation works but the assessments do not. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Please let me know if you have any ideas. I am starting to suspect the problem is in my variables or perhaps the updated version, but I really can't be sure.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Mead

Re: Confirmation Letters but no Submission Feedback Emails

by Steve S -

Hi there Mark,

We seem to be having the same problem as you, in that students are not receiving the responses to the graded assignments. However all other email from Moodle seems to be working fine.

Have you had any luck in resolving this problem ?

Thanks

Steve

In reply to Steve S

Re: Confirmation Letters but no Submission Feedback Emails

by Mark Mead -

Steve,

I think I did figure it out.  I had the trouble after I upgraded using Fantastico.  I think part of the problem was related to Cronjobs or perhaps to the ftp.  Either way, I archived my classes, then removed the moodle program from my website.  I reinstalled the program, made sure the ftp and cronjob was set, and I've been doing better. 

I hope this helps.

M