Moodle 2.2.1: help needed to fix "Invalid permissions detected in $CFG->dataroot directory" RSS error

Moodle 2.2.1: help needed to fix "Invalid permissions detected in $CFG->dataroot directory" RSS error

by Peter Evans -
Number of replies: 3

I am looking to generate RSS feeds from a forum and I have enabled RSS at both the site level and the activity level and I see the following error when clicking the link to generate the RSS URL

Invalid permissions detected in $CFG->dataroot directory, administrator has to fix permissions.

How do I fix this error. I have access to the site files through cPanel on siteground.com

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Peter Evans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Evans

Re: Moodle 2.2.1: help needed to fix "Invalid permissions detected in $CFG->dataroot directory" RSS error

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Peter,

The moodledata folder should have permission = 755; its subfolders should be 777.

In reply to Peter Evans

Re: Moodle 2.2.1: help needed to fix "Invalid permissions detected in $CFG->dataroot directory" RSS error

by Annie Erdmann -

We get the same error when we try to edit quizzes.  We just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.  Any ideas?

In reply to Annie Erdmann

by Steve Kleine -

We ran into this on a Windows 2008 R2 install and found the local server's IUSR account had been removed from the access control lists of the dataroot directory. Re-adding this account with full control permisisons solved the issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)