This site is not available - lots

This site is not available - lots

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm having an increasingly hard time accessing moodle.org. I keep getting the above message generated by 'Cloudfare' (iirc). Roughly 1 in 3 attempts to get a page has been failing for the last few weeks. Getting near unusable in fact.

I can't believe it's just me but nobody else seems to be complaining.

This is from a variety of different locations btw.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: This site is not available - lots

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I haven't had it "lots" - had it a couple of times at the most -but I do recall seeing someone else complaining/pointing this out a while ago on a forum. I'm obviously not on here often enough to noticebig grin

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's been really bad for me... just for the record, it looks like this:

Attachment Screen Shot 2012-03-25 at 22.39.28.png

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Howard,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties accessing moodle.org. The problem has been reported in the tracker as MDLSITE-1714. Please could you add a comment about your experience.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Howard Miller -
Assuming that it probably isn't just me - reported, raised to Major and 'partner' label added wink

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've also had this problem, from time to time, some days ago...

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Me too, but only sporadically...

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It seems that the problem is caused by database queries which take longer than 60 seconds. Thus the plan is to add performance logging to moodle.org in order to analyse and then hopefully fix things. See MDLSITE-1735 for details.

Apologies again for the annoyance and thanks everyone for your patience.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: This site is not available (for robots?)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Just now our 'Cloudflare' suspected me for being a part of a DoS attack. It said something similar and held up with a message "verifying the browser .etc. " and in around 15 sec. knew that I'm not. I was not ready for a screen-shot, pity.

Anyway, I wonder how this robot found out so quickly that I'm not one of them?
smile