Quiz with problem area associations

Quiz with problem area associations

by Bill Murray -
Number of replies: 1

I am trying to create an ESL grammar assessment test using multiple choice. I want to automate this completely, so I want to associate each question and option with an area of grammar so that when the students' responses are tabulated in the database, that I can then generate reports from. For an individual student I would like a report that shows the grammar areas that were passed and those that were failed. For a whole class I  would like to see the general trends with percentage breakdowns. 

Once I have this in place, a future development would be to then link the failed areas from the assessment to a customized set of online lessons and activities to address an individual student's weak areas. 

So is this level of customization easily do-able in Moodle?

I'm  trying to decide now whether to try to use Moodle to make this, or to build it myself from scratch. 

Thanks for any advice...!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Murray

Re: Quiz with problem area associations

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

I think this is in the wrong forum as you can't really do this with the Choice module.

You can get an automated Quiz (using the Quiz module) of multiple choice questions and get a report out of it later that shows you who answered which question correctly, which questions were mostly answered best and worst overall etc.

Not sure about the future development part, where it would then automatically create a set of customised lessons.