Firstly, as always a big thanks to all of you who have provided comments and bug reports. It is making my job of keeping this updated much easier. One cannot go any further withoutr especially thanking Mary for her outstanding work in keeping this all organised and for her contsnat identification of fixes as well.
I would like to quickly state that if you are finding bugs..please make sure you add them to the Moodle Tracker. Rocket now is listed as a component there for you to directly add your bugs towards and make it much easier for me to track.
I have updated Rocket today and pushed it out to git. It contains lots of features ppl had been messaging me about.
- Fix to missing } in settings.php
- The word "My Courses" in the custom menu dropdown is now driven by the lang pack. this means you can use moodle's "language customisation" screen to change this to "My classes", "My units", or whatever else you would like.
- You can now change the color of the Custom menu links. Those choosing light coloured backgrounds hated that the inks were white. this is now just a new theme setting
- The banner area at the top of the homepage is now another location you can stick blocks. I had many requests for this. Just make the banner a light or solid image and then you can put whatever you like in there. A block does not NEED to go there however if you dont wish it to. An example of this in use can be seen here were they have put category links instead in a HTML block ( http://web1.gosford-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/ )
- Many contacted me saying there was too much wasted space in the header. It has all been reduced.
- The "Login" block no longer looses its editing controls when editing of the [age is turned on.
As usual, keep the feedback and reports coming.