Thank you

Thank you

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 3

As a relatively new moodler I thought I would share my findings. Having battled with a developer for the past 6yrs with little or no support. With the developer going dark for months on end. With a product that quite frankly didn’t work! I decided to look for a solution to our needs.

I have managed to create more in the past 6wks than we ever achieved in the 6 yrs.! We are now in total control.

I am no developer but with a little html knowledge and a little instruction with cpanel I have managed to create an extremely professional platform, a platform to be proud of. I have no doubt that problems will occur, I have no doubt that bugs and system errors will happen but I am more confident that my fellow moodlers will be there to guide and support when necessary.

The forums are a wealth of knowledge and guidance with in many cases simple step by step instructions from the more experienced moodlers. I have so much to learn but now feel I am connected to like minded people with a common focus.

I will be forever in Moodle’s debt. Thank you all....

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (8)
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Thank you

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'd second those comments, Sarah - I hope you continue to enjoy using moodle and continue to find the support of this wonderful community to help you along, as I have.

As great as the software itself is, I would say that my experiences are that it is that community spirit which makes Moodle the fantastic environment it is - everyone from Martin, the HQ developers on through the whole community of users who chip in to comment and support each other.

To all - as someone who has been using moodle for a few years, and who continues to find the support on these forums invaluable - again: Thank you all!

:D

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well I will "third" this Sarah and thankyou for your thankyou! I always encourage people to come to the forums for free community help  and I too have found over the years I have learned a lot about Moodle from others in the community on these pages.

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Stuart Mealor -

Awesome Sarah !

Thanks for taking the time to post this smile

I'm sure many people new to Moodle experience exactly what you've discussed here.  Not all of them have enough time / confidence / motivation to post here - so thank you for taking the time to do this !

Just an idea ... how about sharing your experience with a session at the upcoming iMoot? - http://2012.imoot.org/

Moodle Moots are not just about experts speaking - your own experiences and learning could help others just as much smile

Stu