true false response to incorrect answer

true false response to incorrect answer

by Mike Hall -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, I'm new to Moodle and feeling my way, I am set up as administrator, and using version 2.2. 

When I ask a true false question, I get a default answer saying "not quite", and giving the option to continue with the lesson or try again.

I don't get the response I have saved (I know it is a no brainer to redo a question where there are only two answers, but I have a good reason, for wanting to do that - also "not quite" is not my response of choice I would want it to say Wrong!)

I have the response set to "this page" and I have tried changing the settings in the lesson admin page, to allow multiple attempts etc.

I have tried included three screen shots to show all of this but I'm no sure I was succesul.

Your help is appreciated!

Mike

Attachment charter_lesson_settings.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Hall

Re: true false response to incorrect answer

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, after having played some (and been frustrated because I also got the "Not quite, would you like to try again?" message)...

In the quiz settings, turn OFF "Provide option to try a question again".

Then in the question, make sure the wrong answer points back to "this page" and the correct answer goes to "next page".

You will now see the feedback YOU entered for the incorrect answer before the student is taken back to the same question to try again. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by Mike Hall -

Brilliant! Thank you.

How did you work that out?

Much appreciated !

Mike

In reply to Mike Hall

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

Trial and error. I made sure to set all my settings the same as yours to start with, but I knew that I had made questions before where the wrong answer feedback was shown, but I'd never used the setting in the lesson for allowing a user to retake the question. Was just a process of elimination. smile

Glad it worked.