Suppress Overall Feedback or Previous Attempts at end of quiz?

Suppress Overall Feedback or Previous Attempts at end of quiz?

by Chris Smallwood -
Number of replies: 4

Currently we are using Moodle 2.2.1.  My Training department has asked that I somehow suppress EITHER the Summary of Previous Attempts or the Overall Feedback at the end of the quizes. 

Is there a way to just show one or the other but not both?  See attached screenshot.

I have played with all of the feedback options and I cannot find a way to accomplish this.

Attachment feedback-error.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Smallwood

Re: Suppress Overall Feedback or Previous Attempts at end of quiz?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh, I see. You want to supress one or the other. The review options only let you display both or none. Sorry, you cannot do that without writing code.

The good news is that the Quiz module now uses renderers for all the student-visible parts, so you can do this just be writing code in your theme, you don't have to change any core code. See http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.0_overriding_a_renderer if you want to go down this route.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Smallwood -

I'm not sure I understand the point of the redundency to begin with.  It shows the exact same information no matter how I do on the exams over time.

I'll take a look at the link and see if I can work out the solution that you've provided.  I haven't written code for Moodle in the past so wish me luck!!!  I use the DarkB theme.

In reply to Chris Smallwood

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You are right. It is redundant if the quiz only allows one attempt, which I suppose is a relatively common case. We really ought to optimise the display in that case.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jonathan Bratt -

Hello,

Is it possible to prevent a student from being able to retake the test if they pass? Only having the retake button at the bottom is confusing. There really should be a button to return to the main section of the course if they pass.

Thanks!

-Jon